PS5 Coil Whine Question

CookieMonster117

After 7 long months of waiting, I was finally able to snag a PS5 Digital Edition at MSRP. The console is truly extraordinary and the DualSense controller lives up to the hype. However, has anyone else noticed a bit of coil whine while gaming on the PS5? It’s by no means super loud, but it’s audible to my ears. It sounds like a faint ticking noise. I don’t believe it’s the fan sticker issue since it’s not that loud. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this issue. I’m a noise freak and my PS5 is still lightyears more quiet at full load than my gaming PC is at idle, LOL! 

Thanks,

Justin

11 hours ago, CookieMonster117 said:

After 7 long months of waiting, I was finally able to snag a PS5 Digital Edition at MSRP. The console is truly extraordinary and the DualSense controller lives up to the hype. However, has anyone else noticed a bit of coil whine while gaming on the PS5? It’s by no means super loud, but it’s audible to my ears. It sounds like a faint ticking noise. I don’t believe it’s the fan sticker issue since it’s not that loud. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this issue. I’m a noise freak and my PS5 is still lightyears more quiet at full load than my gaming PC is at idle, LOL! 

Thanks,

Justin

I have heard a mention of this before. I have heard issues regarding a component in the PSU, not sure where else people have pinpointed coil whine on the PS5 Down to.