Does 2400mghz ram on ryzen 71700x cause fps to be lower than 3200mghz ram?

Hey guys, I'm trying to get 240fps stable in fortnite and warzone but I've noticed my fps fluctuates more than it used to. My gpu is an rtx 2080 so I'm left wondering if either my cpu needs an upgrade or if perhaps my ram speed is too slow. I heard from a friend that ryzen demands fast ram. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Akimbo_Weaponry said:

Hey guys, I'm trying to get 240fps stable in fortnite and warzone but I've noticed my fps fluctuates more than it used to. My gpu is an rtx 2080 so I'm left wondering if either my cpu needs an upgrade or if perhaps my ram speed is too slow. I heard from a friend that ryzen demands fast ram. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be much appreciated.

Single channel RAM -> Hit to integrated gpu users

Higher speed RAM -> Slightly increases performance. 

Higher speed RAM increased frame stability on 1st gen ryzen.

9 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

Single channel RAM -> Hit to integrated gpu users

Higher speed RAM -> Slightly increases performance. 

Higher speed RAM increased frame stability on 1st gen ryzen.

Single channel is bad for all user, not just igpu users. 1x8gb vs 2x4gb is night and day for frame times/rates

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Single channel is bad for all user, not just igpu users. 1x8gb vs 2x4gb is night and day for frame times/rates

I don't think so. It makes a night and day difference since the gpu doesn't have to argue with the CPU about the dynamic RAM.

But I may be wrong.

@HelpfulTechWizardPlease provide me with a source.

17 minutes ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

I don't think so. It makes a night and day difference since the gpu doesn't have to argue with the CPU about the dynamic RAM.

But I may be wrong.

@HelpfulTechWizardPlease provide me with a source.

Any dawid vid with a prebuilt. He sticks a second stick in it's suddenly not bad.

There's one example.

Btw how do you thing the gpu gets it's data in vraM? It does through the CPU, so it's stored in ram at some point.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Akimbo_Weaponry said:

The Cpu upgrade would be ideal for FPS increase. 

1700 to a 2700 is about 10% increased performance (memory at jedec 2133mhz)

2700 to a 3700 is about another 10% increased performance, so 20% over the 1700

5800 to a 3700 would be about 10-15% further increased performance. So 30-35% faster than a 1700 = per core epeen.

All of this is a mix of increased IPC and increased clocks through all generations. 

Ryzen + B-Die 3600mhz 16-16-16-36 yields very nice performance results. Please research before purchasing any memory.

Dual channel 2x8gb set for gaming only. 2x16gb 3200mhz CL14 for streaming and work.

GL