Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buying New PC (Need Advice)

Hi guys i’m looking to buy a new system. I’m currently rocking a 1080ti 8700k but i feel that i’m not getting nearly enough frames on games that i like to enjoy like cyberpunk, Outriders and Borderlands 3 at 4k. (I play primarily Valorant as i’m a semi-professional competitive player and an upgrade would be nice to have more fps) 

 

Im located in Singapore and after doing some research, i’ve come to a conclusion that building my own system is out of the question and that’s just way too pricy now and my best bet is to buy prebuilts. 

 

Ive narrowed it down to Alienware’s Aurora r12 which goes for around 3.8k SGD with the chosen spec (11700 + 3080, AIO cooler, storage and 32gb ram) 

 

The other option is through a local known prebuilt brand known as Aftershock. The spec i chose is (5800x, b550 gigabyte board, Zotac 3080 trinity, 16gb ram w AIO and upgraded storage) and this goes for 4.2k SGD 

 

They are pretty similar but alienware seems to be a lot cheaper? i’m also unsure about prebuilts from brand’s like AW because idk how upgradeable it is and if it’s easy to sell off parts in the future. What do you guys think?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

<-- Moved to New Builds and Planning -->

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd rather go for a more standard and custom AMD build, rather than the Alienware, where cooling may be restricted and upgrades too. Dell will tend to use cheaper cards with poorer cooling, and the same goes for the CPU, which, in the case of the Dell, is not overclockable, due to the Dell motherboard and lack of a K CPU.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AMD A10-9600P said:

Personally, I'd rather go for a more standard and custom AMD build, rather than the Alienware, where cooling may be restricted and upgrades too. Dell will tend to use cheaper cards with poorer cooling, and the same goes for the CPU, which, in the case of the Dell, is not overclockable, due to the Dell motherboard and lack of a K CPU.

ah okay i see. Thanks for your input! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, josh_27 said:

ah okay i see. Thanks for your input! 

That said, just double check that the local brand has good availability. The one area may Dell may come out on top is availability, due to their stance as a huge OEM. I'd still recommend the AMD prebuilt though.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion I'd stick with what you have for now, I know your target resolution is 4K but maybe you could use DSR on 1440P to achieve near this quality while allowing for a framerate boost and then hold out until PC part prices are back to normal. That would give you time to save up for a decent custom rig and you'd still be able to achieve a good gaming experience with your current rig until prices go back to normal.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Current Rig (Dominator II): 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3133 C15, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 4GHz, Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite 120, ASRock B450M Pro4, AMD R9 280X, 120GB TCSunBow SSD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HSD, Corsair CX750M Grey Label, Windows 10 Pro, 2x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120, Thermaltake Versa H18 Tempered Glass.

 

Previous Rig (Black Magic): 8GB DDR3 1600, AMD FX6300 OC'd to 4.5GHz, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Asus M5A78L-M PLUS /USB3, GTX 950 SC (former, it blew my PCIe lane so now on mobo graphics which is Radeon HD 3000 Series), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM HDD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HDD (secondary), Corsair CX750M, Windows 8.1 Pro, 2x 120mm Red LED fans, Deepcool SMARTER case

 

My secondary rig (The Oldie): 4GB DDR2 800, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz, Stock Dell Cooler, Foxconn 0RY007, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 250GB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management. UPDATE: SPECS UPGRADED DUE TO CASEMOD, 8GB DDR2 800, AMD Phenom X4 9650, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Biostar GF8200C M2+, AMD Radeon HD 7450 GDDR5 edition, Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management and support for non Dell boards.

 

Retired/Dead Rigs: The OG (retired) (First ever PC I used at 3 years old back in 2005) Current Specs: 2GB DDR2, Pentium M 770 @ 2.13GHz, 60GB IDE laptop HDD, ZorinOS 12 Ultimate x86. Originally 512mb DDR2, Pentium M 740 @ 1.73GHzm 60GB IDE laptop HDD and single boot XP Pro. The Craptop (dead), 2gb DDR3, Celeron n2840 @ 2.1GHz, 50GB eMMC chip, Windows 10 Pro. Nightrider (dead and cannibalized for Dominator II): Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte A320M HD2, 8GB DDR4, XFX Ghost Core Radeon HD 7770, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (2010), 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair CX750M Green, Deepcool SMARTER, Windows 10 Home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alienware Prebuild is Actually kinda Sucks.

Just watch Bitwit Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gllei-p0ork

 

I might go with building my own pc Rather than prebuild one

Also prebuild is usually doesn't have a lot of Future Proofing, Also they're minimizing the Budget by going 32 gigs of Value ram, Or even a OEM PSU and Motherboard which is not so much recommended.

 

Also Building Your own Computer might be Harder than Instant prebuild one, But I would say that is Much more Worth the price.

 

Good luck m8

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XnonXte said:

Alienware Prebuild is Actually kinda Sucks.

Just watch Bitwit Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gllei-p0ork

 

I might go with building my own pc Rather than prebuild one

Also prebuild is usually doesn't have a lot of Future Proofing, Also they're minimizing the Budget by going 32 gigs of Value ram, Or even a OEM PSU and Motherboard which is not so much recommended.

 

Also Building Your own Computer might be Harder than Instant prebuild one, But I would say that is Much more Worth the price.

 

At the moment building it yourself isn't a brilliant option, due to the insanely high GPU prices. Prebuilt brands are actually a great option right now, as they can get much better prices, which are then passed down to the consumer. They also allow you to choose each and every part yourself, so you can make sure that you get quality RAM, PSU and motherboard.

 

With Dell you don't get the option to choose any parts specifically, so you're stuck with their OEM PSUs, motherboards and RAM, which can mean single channel hell, and a lack of overclocking ability and upgradability.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AMD A10-9600P said:

At the moment building it yourself isn't a brilliant option, due to the insanely high GPU prices

Yes I couldn't agree more than you, But everything can change, I would rather Waiting till 2022 to get GPU and CPU at MSRP Price and the Stock is there. But I can't say Pre build is a Great option for now, because it's still a Prebuild. Maybe i can recommended someone with Corsair one if they're having an Unlimited Budget and Doesn't have time to build one.

 

But there're are a lot of People who actually using an Integrated GPU such as Intel UHD. And waiting till the GPU is on MSRP.

So even if Building a diypc PC Nowadays is kinda unworthy, They're still are Worthy because most of pc Component is actually near MSRP Right now other than the God damn GPU....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, XnonXte said:

Yes I couldn't agree more than you, But everything can change, I would rather Waiting till 2022 to get GPU and CPU at MSRP Price and the Stock is there. But I can't say Pre build is a Great option for now, because it's still a Prebuild. Maybe i can recommended someone with Corsair one if they're having an Unlimited Budget and Doesn't have time to build one.

 

But there're are a lot of People who actually using an Integrated GPU such as Intel UHD. And waiting till the GPU is on MSRP.

So even if Building a diypc PC Nowadays is kinda unworthy, They're still are Worthy because most of pc Component is actually near MSRP Right now other than the God damn GPU....

If OP wants to buy the parts independently and build the PC themselves, then yes, waiting is the better option, but the choices they have given are between Alienware and a local prebuilt, and between the two, the local prebuilt wins by a big margin.

 

Using integrated graphics is only a stopgap measure and not recommended, but it isn't a huge concern when they already have a 1080 and a CPU with an iGPU.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

 

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

 

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, josh_27 said:

Hi guys i’m looking to buy a new system. I’m currently rocking a 1080ti 8700k but i feel that i’m not getting nearly enough frames on games that i like to enjoy like cyberpunk, Outriders and Borderlands 3 at 4k. (I play primarily Valorant as i’m a semi-professional competitive player and an upgrade would be nice to have more fps) 

 

Im located in Singapore and after doing some research, i’ve come to a conclusion that building my own system is out of the question and that’s just way too pricy now and my best bet is to buy prebuilts. 

 

Ive narrowed it down to Alienware’s Aurora r12 which goes for around 3.8k SGD with the chosen spec (11700 + 3080, AIO cooler, storage and 32gb ram) 

 

The other option is through a local known prebuilt brand known as Aftershock. The spec i chose is (5800x, b550 gigabyte board, Zotac 3080 trinity, 16gb ram w AIO and upgraded storage) and this goes for 4.2k SGD 

 

They are pretty similar but alienware seems to be a lot cheaper? i’m also unsure about prebuilts from brand’s like AW because idk how upgradeable it is and if it’s easy to sell off parts in the future. What do you guys think?  

https://maingear.com/product/vybe-stage-4-amd/

 

Get this main gear are built, select boost version, and you're still under the others! It should be perfect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×