Could you use integrated graphics and a dedicated GPU at the same time?

Cool_Evlo

I am wondering if I could plug a monitor into my motherboard, and another one into a graphics card. Then I would be able to stream a youtube video on the integrated graphics, with no performance loss on the dedicated GPU.

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

I think intel will implement it with their xe cards and compatible cpu. Idk about any other cpu/gpu tho.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

16 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

I am wondering if I could plug a monitor into my motherboard, and another one into a graphics card. Then I would be able to stream a youtube video on the integrated graphics, with no performance loss on the dedicated GPU.

If you want to use separate monitors then yeah it's going to work,it's just going to treat the IGPU as another GPU and it's going to function separately.

17 minutes ago, MartinKweh said:

I think intel will implement it with their xe cards and compatible cpu. Idk about any other cpu/gpu tho.

It's works on any CPU/gpu, just enable the igpu in the bios, and then the port on the motherboard is active.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

with no performance loss on the dedicated GPU.

ther already is no performance loss running 2d monitors off your dedicated gpu. there wasn't 20 years ago and there still isn't. monitors that display 2d imagery like youtube or your desktop don;t require significant amounts of power.

17 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

It's works on any CPU/gpu, just enable the igpu in the bios, and then the port on the motherboard is active.

Correct. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Sure, you can definitely run an extra monitor off your iGPU. I've done it myself, I think. But you're very unlikely to see any performance difference versus just using the dedicated graphics. Playing a stream or Youtube video on another monitor while you game is inconsequential for a dedicated GPU.

Also, I'm unsure that your web browser would even use the iGPU for graphics acceleration.. it might just default to the fastest available graphics processor regardless of what monitor the window is in.