How to cool a ryzen 5900x in a mini itx case

Tempst

I’m trying to build a OC in a thermaltake the tower 100 case but I can only fit a 120mm aio, what’s the best cooler for a Ryzen 5900x, I don’t have a budget

It'll probably be the worse choice depending on which AIO, as some top of the line air coolers will outperform some such as the Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15. Can you provide us more information about your build? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Do you guys think a MasterLiquid Maker 92 will be able to cool a ryzen 5900x?

I mostly agree with SpiderMan in that a good air cooler like the NH-D15 or Dark Rock Pro 4 could probably outperform most 120mm AIOs. 

-= Topic moved to Cooling =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Have you read the reviews? 

Consider the NH-U12A instead.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The case I will be building on is a Thermaltake tower 100 which is a mini itx case, my motherboard is a MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX. My case doesn’t fit a aio over 120mm and I need help finding a really good air cooler that’ll keep my cpu nice and cool, I’d prefer the cooler to be quiet and to be all black or rgb

The CPU is a Ryzen 9 5900x

4 minutes ago, Tech-_-Noob said:

The case I will be building on is a Thermaltake tower 100 which is a mini itx case, my motherboard is a MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX. My case doesn’t fit a aio over 120mm and I need help finding a really good air cooler that’ll keep my cpu nice and cool, I’d prefer the cooler to be quiet and to be all black or rgb

Depends on the case and how much modding you are willing to do.

1 minute ago, the gamer that is bad said:

Depends on the case and how much modding you are willing to do.

TT Tower 100

OP, a NH D15 Chromax or DRP4 should do the job

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Id slap a nice Thermalright cooler on it 👍

They have a bunch that will handle it, not just one or two. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

Any good tower cooler or 240mm AIO will be fine for a 5900x.  

Your problem with that case is going to be airflow.  Like most TT stuff it is half A$$ed.   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.