Me again, I found a good deal on some quadro K4000 GPUs, and I was thinking about putting two of em in my folding machine. Would two K4000 GPUs outperform a GTX 1050 Ti or should I look for something a bit more modern?
I also use this rig for other stuff like modeling and rendering. It's got two Xeon E5-2680v2 CPUs and 32GB of 1600 Mhz DDR3.

35 minutes ago, awesomecdudley said:

Me again, I found a good deal on some quadro K4000 GPUs, and I was thinking about putting two of em in my folding machine. Would two K4000 GPUs outperform a GTX 1050 Ti or should I look for something a bit more modern?
I also use this rig for other stuff like modeling and rendering. It's got two Xeon E5-2680v2 CPUs and 32GB of 1600 Mhz DDR3.

I saw a video about how a quadro of that vintage could be used as a gaming card of 980ti tier, but doing so was wildly complicated.  Systems similar to attempting to game on mining cards had to be used.  I don’t know if that is helpful or not.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I saw a video about how a quadro of that vintage could be used as a gaming card of 980ti tier, but doing so was wildly complicated.  Systems similar to attempting to game on mining cards had to be used.  I don’t know if that is helpful or not.

the quadro K4000 has the same GK106 core as the 660 and 650 Ti/Boost which surprises me it could go toe to toe with a 980 Ti.
Also don't really plan to game on this rig, I have my personal rig for that, decent GPU in that one, but I don't fold on it because I need it for other stuff