Looking for fan recommendations for Hyper 212 CPU cooler

zogthegreat

Hi everyone!

I have a dual socket 2011 motherboard with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU coolers. At idle, my CPU's are at 50c, which I think is a little high, since I was getting idle temps of 53c with stock aluminum coolers. Since I have good contact between the cooler and the CPU, I think that the problem is that the Artic F12PMW's that I'm running aren't pushing enough air to cool things down properly.

Can anyone recommend some fans that won't be "to loud" but will move more air across the Hyper EVO 212's? My other option would be to switch to water cooling. I have the necessary hardware to do it, but that's a bit of a PITA with a server.

Thanks!

zog

50c is fine. What are load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just stick literally ANY fan on the other side so one will push air through and the other will pull it. You won't gain anything by entirely replacing fans without going super noisy.

Well, I did switch out my fan to CoolerMaster Masterfan R120 A.RGB fan. The reason I switch into this is because they have good static pressure (2.14mmH2O) and decent airflow (59CFM), and they run silent even at 2000rpm (31dBA, may still be loud to some people, but once the fan is inside the case, it's barely audible). You can check the specs here: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-mf120r-argb/#specifications

I install 2 fans and make them run at 100% in push pull config and exhaust the air to the rear. My PC case is ThermalTake Versa H26 and I installed 2 fans at the front case as intake, 3 at the top of the case as intake, and 1 at the rear as exhaust, all using ThermalTake Pure Plus 12 RGB radiator fans and all run 100% (even if it says radiator, it only has static pressure of 1.59mmH2O, but the airflow is good at 56.45CFM running at 1600rpm. Link: https://www.thermaltake.com/pure-plus-12-rgb-radiator-fan-tt-premium-edition-3-fan-pack.html) I run a stress test and the CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) using Cinebench, full load. The CPU run at 4.2GHz all cores for about 3 and a half minute before gradually reduce its speed as its temperature gradually reaches 70c. The temperature stays at 72c with all cores running 3.9GHz constantly even after 1 hour of stress test. My average room temperature is around 34c (living in tropical area).

Anyway, here's something you can try:

- If there is an empty fan bracket, install another fan and make them push pull the air through your heat sink. I find having 2 fans in push pull configuration helps the temperature a bit.

- Increase your fan speed. I just put my fan to run 100% all the time. My idle temperature stays near room temperature (about 38c in 34c room)

- Your case may choke with stale air. Increase air intake by increasing fan speed to all your front fans and reduce exhaust by reducing fan speed to your rear fan and top fans (assuming your top fan was set to exhaust).

- If your CPU cooler exhaust the air to the rear, set your top fans as intake. This will bring in more fresh air to the cooler.

Hope my experience helps you a little.

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.