Is there a wireless modern equivalent to an Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel receiver?

Hello! I'm looking to update my HTC and was curious if wireless receivers and speaker tech had caught up with the times. I currently have a Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel receiver from 2013, but would like to know if there is a wireless system that performs comparatively available.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

The dream would to have all of them wireless, but realistically I would be happy with the back two surround speakers being wireless.

43 minutes ago, jgilbreath77 said:

Hello! I'm looking to update my HTC and was curious if wireless receivers and speaker tech had caught up with the times. I currently have a Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel receiver from 2013, but would like to know if there is a wireless system that performs comparatively available.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

all speakers. no, as per crutchfield "Bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth to handle the additional information. You can use them to enhance stereo sound, but that's about it"
rear speakers ehhhhhhh...a couple yamaha's with musiccast do. but need compatible speakers of course

theres sonos, not sure how extensive that is or how expensive

also see Klipsch  WiSA. again not sure how extensive that is or how expensive

Gotcha, thanks for the recommendation @circeseye!

Does anyone have experience using this:

Rocketfish Wireless Home Theater Rear Speaker Kit - Model: RF-WRSK18 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KSGYFX3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_AR60CYRRPSYBB816C4E7

I’m interested, but curious if anyone has any personal experience using it. 

Thanks!