Incremental Backups on external HDD without the fear for malware, crypt or malicius viruses, and more?

Hello 🙂 

I wanted to do a daily incremmental backup of files that are on a specific folder, to an external storage. The overall size of the entire folder ts around 40GB and its composed of small, but very important Documents, Pictures and PDF's. I really have fear of crypt and other malicius viruses that will make my file illegible, cripted or damaged, even after copying them to an external storage, so I wanted to take every precaution of this world before copying them into the external storage. 

1) Which avaiable setup will make the "incremental backup process" 100% secure that I will not overwrite the good files on my external SD Card, with infected by virus files coming from the Laptop Folder, and so to lose everything?
2) There is any copy and paste suite for backups other than explorer.exe that maybe will make the PC to scan before copying, or to scan for each files?
3) What's your advice? 

Robocopy will do a incremental file copy, and only copy the changed files.

But remember, having an external drive always connected, will NOT protect it from getting encrypted if the host machine is infected.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

If it's only a few dozen GB's and it's that important, get yourself a descent cloud backup next to the local copies. Cloud backups have version history and are therefore (at least in theory) 100% immune to malware and ransomware. Crashplan costs $10-ish per month and has nearly unlimited version history where locally deleted files are kept (nearly) indefinitely in the cloud

14 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

Robocopy will do a incremental file copy, and only copy the changed files.

But remember, having an external drive always connected, will NOT protect it from getting encrypted if the host machine is infected.

It will not be connected 24/7, but only when I do the backup

11 hours ago, ledlamp said:

If it's only a few dozen GB's and it's that important, get yourself a descent cloud backup next to the local copies. Cloud backups have version history and are therefore (at least in theory) 100% immune to malware and ransomware. Crashplan costs $10-ish per month and has nearly unlimited version history where locally deleted files are kept (nearly) indefinitely in the cloud

Could I do this, but locally?