Mask Personal IP for Minecraft

PointFive
Go to solution Solved by PointFive,
6 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Also its pretty cheap to rent a minecraft server these days, or any vps. But i do get even the cheap options like 5 Dollars per month can be alot.

Yea it is kinda cheap, but then again the only problem right now is the IP, aside from that I would think its better to just run it on my PC since it will be running better. But yea, thanks for the input.

Welp, it seems that there isnt any "easy" way to mask your IP, so I'm just gonna close the thread.

Is there a way to host your Minecraft server whilst masking the IP so that friends won't be able to know my actual IP? I'm just not comfortable sharing that information haha

2 minutes ago, PointFive said:

Is there a way to host your Minecraft server whilst masking the IP so that friends won't be able to know my actual IP? I'm just not comfortable sharing that information haha

Nope, even if you resolve it to a domain anybody can still turn it back into an IP very easily with a simple reverse DNS lookup.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

56 minutes ago, PointFive said:

There are some ways. like running a client program like Hamachi, but everyone will need to run that.

Better would be something like ngrok that creates a tunnel from your server to them and it will create an IP adres for you. Its dynamic tho, so each time you will need to update the IP adres to your mates.

Also its pretty cheap to rent a minecraft server these days, or any vps. But i do get even the cheap options like 5 Dollars per month can be alot.

6 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Yea it is kinda cheap, but then again the only problem right now is the IP, aside from that I would think its better to just run it on my PC since it will be running better. But yea, thanks for the input.

Welp, it seems that there isnt any "easy" way to mask your IP, so I'm just gonna close the thread.