Corsair fans on lightning node not working

Go to solution Solved by jamesimre93,

it was the Power supply, the gigabyte power supply fried the controller for the lightning node and the commander core

Hi everyone

i have an issue with my corsair lightning node core my computer recognizes the lightning node and do does icue but the fans are spinning since they connected directly in the motherboard PWM plugs

but they're not lighting at all correctly. Some of them have green hues, one has green and blue and the back one has red. the side ones and not even lighting up.

i went by process of elimination and thought it was the usb 2 port but if it was then the node would not show up in icue and that also eliminated the motherboard out of the equation. Now luckily i had another node core on hand and same issue

the computer detects it and it shows up in icue but nothing on the fans colors and lighting. everything is up to date, i tried all the icue versions that i could download and they all gave the same results.

i have a strip that connected on the board and it works fine. The fans are spinning so there's at least that but i thought either the fan's LEDs died during the first boot due to voltage spike or there just bad fans.

Does anyone else knows what i could try?

Thanks

ps. i put a specs image in case you need referrence

specs.jpg

Are they Corsair fans? Did you setup the node properly through iCue? I'm not 100% on the node, as I use the Commander Core that came with my h100i but even then I had to pick the right type of fans for it to fully utilize the lighting properly.

System Specs: (Click Expand)                                              

"Beatrix"

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
  • RAM 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200mhz CL16
  • GPU Gigabyte Eagle RX 6700XT
  • Case Corsair Crystal 280x
  • Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Display(s) 27" Viewsonic XG2705
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans
  • Keyboard Logitech G Pro
  • Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed /w Powerplay
  • Sound Logitech G Pro Wired
  • Operating System Windows 10 Professional 21H1

On 5/14/2021 at 12:49 AM, PwnyTheTiger said:

Are they Corsair fans? Did you setup the node properly through iCue? I'm not 100% on the node, as I use the Commander Core that came with my h100i but even then I had to pick the right type of fans for it to fully utilize the lighting properly.

yee they are corsair fans that came with the h150i that i have for the cpu, the case is corsair 5000x so those are also corsair fans and finally i bought the extra 3 fans corsair fans on the side for intake with the node. So ironically i would assume they would all work. plus they are all sp fans. 😞😞

it was the Power supply, the gigabyte power supply fried the controller for the lightning node and the commander core