Is it worth it to mine doge?

I have a 1080Ti and started mining using unMineable. I average 30MH. Deducting my energy cost I could make 13 American pennies per day at current Doge value.

Should I even continue with such a low profit margin? I don't know the viability of Doge and wanted to see if someone has any insight. Maybe I should try another crypto instead

dige is a meme coin that was never made to be profitable 

the only way to make money on it is to be lucky when buying during dips and dump it whenever elon tweets something

2 minutes ago, lostboykev said:

I have a 1080Ti and started mining using unMineable. I average 30MH. Deducting my energy cost I could make 13 American pennies per day at current Doge value.

Should I even continue with such a low profit margin? I don't know the viability of Doge and wanted to see if someone has any insight. Maybe I should try another crypto instead

You could mine Doge, but eventually it will become essentially worthless because of their being no supply limit. I'd honestly recommend continuing to mine ETH, because after ETH 2.0 launches and EIP-1559 the price of ETH should in theory go up because the amount of transactions on the network should increase because of the lower fees.

Just now, WereCat said:

dige is a meme coin that was never made to be profitable 

the only way to make money on it is to be lucky when buying during dips and dump it whenever elon tweets something

Yeah that's very true.

1 hour ago, jrhaberland said:

You could mine Doge, but eventually it will become essentially worthless because of their being no supply limit. I'd honestly recommend continuing to mine ETH, because after ETH 2.0 launches and EIP-1559 the price of ETH should in theory go up because the amount of transactions on the network should increase because of the lower fees.

Yeah that's very true.

Thank you, I have just switched over to ETH mining using Cruxpool with the T-Rex Miner. Getting 29MH/s

I just found out you can increase your hashrate with --mt (memory timing) I have mine set to 3 and I'm now at 39MH/s instead of 29MH/s. Awesome!

Edit:

I found better performance with --mt 4 with setting P2 to "Off" in nvidiaprofileinspecter. Now getting 44MH/s.

My T-REX MINER CONFIG COMMAND

Run CMD prompt as Admin to be able to utilize --mt memory timing function

t-rex -a ethash -o stratum+tcp://eth.cruxpool.com:5555 -u WALLETADDRESSREDEACTED -w USERNAMEREDACTED-p x --mt 4

Change P state from default P2 to P0

Download (https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases/tag/2.3.0.13)

Run as Admin

Under section "5 - Common" change CUDA Force P2 State to "Off" and then apply changes

Also set my fan curve to 100% in MSI afterburner when hitting 50C and above so I get a nice cool 60C all day. Otherwise stock curves put it at 70C. Additionally I changed the power limit in afterburner to 117%. 

ethminingtrex.png