Bought an Aurora R3 Now what

So I just picked up an Aurora R3 gaming pc that I am going to be using as my new editing rig I was wondering what gpu you would recommend for 1080p 120fps and 4K 60 FPS footage I am Useing Adobe after effects and da Vinci resolve 17

I know this machine isn’t the best hardware wise but with the price of computer components at this time it seemed like a good option considering that I picked it up for $85 usd 

it has

16gb ddr3 pc 1333

gtx 590 1.5gb

2x500gb ssd WD blue

2x WD Red 2TB

I7 2600k

875w psu 

I would also try to like to do some light over clocking on the CPU if anyone knows some good baseline settings to start with however the cpu dose seem to be running a little warm at I know it’s sitting at 56C so I am not sure if the stock water cooler is working properly I would also like to upgrade the ram if possible speed and/or capacity but I think I may be limited by the chipset 

50 minutes ago, Sagecrumpton23 said:

So I just picked up an Aurora R3 gaming pc that I am going to be using as my new editing rig I was wondering what gpu you would recommend for 1080p 120fps and 4K 60 FPS footage I am Useing Adobe after effects and da Vinci resolve 17

I know this machine isn’t the best hardware wise but with the price of computer components at this time it seemed like a good option considering that I picked it up for $85 usd 

it has

16gb ddr3 pc 1333

gtx 590 1.5gb

2x500gb ssd WD blue

2x WD Red 2TB

I7 2600k

875w psu 

I would also try to like to do some light over clocking on the CPU if anyone knows some good baseline settings to start with however the cpu dose seem to be running a little warm at I know it’s sitting at 56C so I am not sure if the stock water cooler is working properly I would also like to upgrade the ram if possible speed and/or capacity but I think I may be limited by the chipset 

Im thinking a used rx 570 or rx 580 would be a good option. Pretty powerful but not too overkill for the cpu

-= New Builds and Planning =-

Good spot for this since you are looking to make changes/upgrades. 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

21 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

Im thinking a used rx 570 or rx 580 would be a good option. Pretty powerful but not too overkill for the cpu

This or a GTX 1060. No point in pairing anything more powerful than that with the 2600k. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16