Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1 hour ago, Hill160881 said:

Love it! I love seeing people build things instead of assembling parts. Great work!

thanks! i love all the new cool tools people have and dont get me wrong... if i could laser cut and assemble all the parts... i probably would! But taking a buncha ugly scrap and turning it into some decent looking, i think, is more satisfying. 

I hope some people see that with just some patience, a lot of sanding, they can create some cool stuff.

15 minutes ago, phindawg said:

that was fun making that. i almost knocked myself out on a 2x8 up in the attic. wasnt paying attention and wuh kow! huge knot n cut on my head.

What's up with all the loose isolation up there anyway? Don't you want to put a floor in and use it as storage or something?

-Phoenix-

BlackMac Woody Clack Virtuality Lil'Lad Plot-Device

all your proteins are belong to us.

7 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

What's up with all the loose isolation up there anyway? Don't you want to put a floor in and use it as storage or something?

honestly wasnt expecting it to look like that either. i only just recently ventured into the attic. 

so, yes. i will eventually get some plywood up there. turns out that insulation doesnt make you itchy or get into your eyes. ive had bad experiences with insulation befofe. not a fan.

5 minutes ago, phindawg said:

honestly wasnt expecting it to look like that either. i only just recently ventured into the attic. 

so, yes. i will eventually get some plywood up there. turns out that insulation doesnt make you itchy or get into your eyes. ive had bad experiences with insulation befofe. not a fan.

Oh yeah, I've had some rough days with rockwool before as well, lol. Just never really seen anything like that before so I was wondering if that's normal in other countries really.

-Phoenix-

BlackMac Woody Clack Virtuality Lil'Lad Plot-Device

all your proteins are belong to us.

20 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

Oh yeah, I've had some rough days with rockwool before as well, lol. Just never really seen anything like that before so I was wondering if that's normal in other countries really.

i honestly thought an animal had gotten hold of a buncha pillows or something and just went crazy shreddin em up. 

20210425_174211.jpg

20210425_174219.jpg

did a good test fit. have to re work the insulating tubing and reinforce some corners. 

glad i left a 3/16ths gap at the top. still wasnt enough though

20210513_085455.jpg

20210513_085509.jpg

20210513_085557.jpg

fittin the window into the maple is looking decent.

thought i was gonna like the support behind the window but it looks junk. snip snip

20210513_141408.jpg

20210513_141435.jpg

The idea itself is great but the execution is awesome! The exhaust is just a cherry on top haha

Can't wait to see it finished 😄

Can u be my dad? I am a bit older than you i think but i can play the part of an ungrateful rebellious teenage son no problem.

• CPU
    9900KS @ 5.0 avx offset 0/ cache 4.7/ @1.33v
  • Motherboard
    asus strix ROG z390-i
  • RAM
    8gb x2 G.skill ddr 4 3600 (OCed to 4000 17-19-19-39 @1.4v)
  • GPU
    Asus Strix OC RTX 3080 10GB  
  • Case
    Corsair 280x Crystal
  • Storage
    1tb Samsung SSD + 2x (512gb Samsung) SSD
  • PSU
    Seasonic GM 650 650Watt Gold (semi-modular)
  • Display(s)
    LG34gk950g
  • Cooling
    H115i platinum/ 2x NF-A14 (GPU intake)/ 2xNFA14 (H115i radiator exhaust fan) 2x Corsair ML PRO 140(front intake) / 1x NF-A8 (exhaust)/ 2 x Corsair LL 120 (GPU deshroud fans)
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K70 LUX MX RED/ Microsoft Designer Keyboard Bluetooth
  • Mouse
    Corsair Harpoon RGB
  • Sound
    Audioengine A2+/ Audioengine d1 dac/ B&O h6
4 hours ago, OCNewbee said:

Can u be my dad? I am a bit older than you i think but i can play the part of an ungrateful rebellious teenage son no problem.

sure, Son!

i have a few walls you can punch through and we will "fix" together.

Hold this flashlight.

well that fits perfectly. i didnt cover the PSU. i have a few more corsair rgb fans on the way. 

so all fans will be corsair rgb.

im still tempted to put 140s on the intake. 

original plan was three 120s but there was an 1/8 inch i couldnt get

shroud will be the pearl mist just like the rest. no paint in stock

20210514_121741.jpg

20210514_121750.jpg

20210514_121810.jpg

here's a tip for anyone. corsair fan wiring is blagh. lots of excess wire? just stuff the loops in some heatshrink. no need to heat it either. 

20210514_122457.jpg

runnin outta steam. almost done!

i predrilled my holes for my monitors mount. the mount will just sit on top of the paneling. i wanted to cutout the area but... i just wanna get it done. lag bolts are still long enough to compensate the additional thickness.

i hope to get an actual glass window in there one day. but plexi will suffice for now.

knowing me... ill probably add a whole custom hard tube loop and flamethrowers n chainsaws

i dunno

20210514_154244.jpg

20210514_154301.jpg

20210514_154311.jpg

20210514_154322.jpg

had to hook up my PC and secondary monitor real quick to get some work done.

figured id place Her PC in there to see.

work to do: wall/ceiling paint, top panels, additional outlet, reroute cables in attic, touch up paint.

- mount shroud, add RGB fans and strips, redo insulation tube, add ram and hdd.

20210516_114859.jpg

20210516_114931.jpg

20210516_115015.jpg

On 5/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, phindawg said:

runnin outta steam.

i just wanna get it done.

That's the worst stage we can go through when working in projects like this - and usually when I make my worst and stupider mistakes…

Take some time off to clear you head if you can then get back to it. You'll see things go better with a clear head 🙂

so heres a before n after of the office.

once i get all my parts ill run both systems and post it.

im currently drawing up an idea for a epoxy desk. itll most likely be a multisection desk fixed to a central column in the right corner.

20210408_185118.jpg

20210518_205014.jpg

20210518_204801.jpg

Wow that looks soooo cool!!! 

Nice job!! 😄

Looks awesome! Well done i might have to try something out like this.

thinking about gettin rid of the tile in that room.

but first... copper pipe/epoxy desk