PC Latency on Websites and Applications

IJoshFordI

Hello,

I have been getting this issue for the last few days where certain websites and applications are taking tremendously long to load.

It is most prominent on Google searches and Spotify. Strangely some websites and applications load normally like Twitter and Discord. Sometimes the websites load normally for a bit but go back a little while later.

I have done a network reset but that didn't help, I have a Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC, it is WiFi 4, so I could upgrade to WiFi 6 but this issue has never happened before.

This problem seems to only be happening on my computer and when I did a speed test the speeds were the same as before this issue occurred.

The first screenshot provided is one of the different errors I get when i am trying to use the Internet.

The second screenshot provided shows the latency I am getting from the the websites and application.

Is this something I can fix myself or do you think this could be a problem i'll have to contact my network provider for?

Furthermore, when loading a game it takes slightly longer but the latency when in-game is at around 20-30ms.

Screenshot (31).png

Screenshot (33).png

Try pinging your gateway IP (router) and google.com. If you're getting excessive packet loss to your router, then the problem is internal. However if it's fine, but have excessive packet loss pinging the outside, then it's an ISP issue.

If a speed test shows ok with relative low latency, then perhaps the issue is DNS resolution. Try assigning DNS IPs manually in the network adapter. 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4 should work.

2 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Try pinging your gateway IP (router) and google.com. If you're getting excessive packet loss to your router, then the problem is internal. However if it's fine, but have excessive packet loss pinging the outside, then it's an ISP issue.

If a speed test shows ok with relative low latency, then perhaps the issue is DNS resolution. Try assigning DNS IPs manually in the network adapter. 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4 should work.

Thank you for the quick reply. When I did a speed test it took a while to start but the latency was 9ms and normal speeds. I will try what you have suggested and get back to you.