Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4x8 ram is not aligned properly on motherboard slots

Hey everyone, So I have this issue where when I install 4x8 ram on my B550 Carbon motherboard, the ram at the very left is further apart from others. And for some reason the 2 rams in the middle are too close to each other. Does anyone know the reason behind this and is there a fix? It bothers me a lot. Thanks.

 

5EB45CBA-8441-4287-8709-BD5E10DA147A.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There is about that much leeway in the sockets which will allow memory to lean a bit sometimes. 

Shut the rig off and straighten them out. Should be no problem. Just be sure they are snapped in all the way both ends, should hear a click twice. Sometimes simultaneously. 

Edited by ShrimpBrime
Additional Comment

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! - - Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below -

Competitive Benching Team - Warp9-Systems 

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You might have to simply push the LEDS in the direction you want to make them all look even and parallel. This happened to me with Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro sticks. So push the two middle ones outward and see if it fixes the gap. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

 

Main System Specifications: 

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

There is about that much leeway in the sockets which will allow memory to lean a bit sometimes. 

Shut the rig off and straighten them out. Should be no problem. Just be sure they are snapped in all the way both ends, should hear a click twice. Sometimes simultaneously. 

 

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

There is about that much leeway in the sockets which will allow memory to lean a bit sometimes. 

Shut the rig off and straighten them out. Should be no problem. Just be sure they are snapped in all the way both ends, should hear a click twice. Sometimes simultaneously. 

I sticked a usb stick between the rams in the middle so that they stretch to the opposite sides. It made it a bit better but it insists on not being 100% parallel. Should I try and straighten out the slot on the motherboard?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

 

I sticked a usb stick between the rams in the middle so that they stretch to the opposite sides. It made it a bit better but it insists on not being 100% parallel. Should I try and straighten out the slot on the motherboard?

The slot is soldered to the board. You cannot move it, so don't try.

 

Shut the rig off, and maybe flip the two in the middle and trade places with the end ones.

Arrange them until they are straight before turning on the PC. But do power off the rig first. 

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! - - Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below -

Competitive Benching Team - Warp9-Systems 

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The slot is soldered to the board. You cannot move it, so don't try.

 

Shut the rig off, and maybe flip the two in the middle and trade places with the end ones.

Arrange them until they are straight before turning on the PC. But do power off the rig first. 

I already tried changing the order of the rams but it doesn’t change anything, its about the motherboard slots. Right now I am trying this, if this does not fix do you know any other techniques or do I have to accept the rams being not aligned?

image.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

I already tried changing the order of the rams but it doesn’t change anything, its about the motherboard slots. Right now I am trying this, if this does not fix do you know any other techniques or do I have to accept the rams being not aligned?

 

No way. I'd believe the memory modules are warped from the heatsinks on them over the slots not being soldered straight on the board. 

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! - - Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below -

Competitive Benching Team - Warp9-Systems 

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×