Help needed. Bitcoin mining rig setup. Everything is new, pc turning on, then off.

jarvic1207

I recently bought parts for a bitcoin mining rig.

Motherboard: MSI Z490 A-PRO

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified

I looked at manual, plugged in all cables to PSU and motherboard, and turned the PSU on. I then wait about 3 seconds, and the fans start turning. On the motherboard there are "EZ debugger LEDs" It quickly shines CPU, then goes straight to RAM and keeps a white LED shining for 5 seconds. Then everything turns off. PSU, Motherboard, and all. I've looked on this forum and haven't found anything that is closely helpful.

PS: Didn't even plug in GPU yet. It has an hdmi cable connected to monitor, nothing there, no signal. 2: The fans are ARCTIC P12 PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack

I plugged in 3 in the system  fan slots. One in this "Pump Fan" slot.

Considering your mobo flashed CPU and RAM i would try, in order:

1. Try just running 1 stick of ram in a slot not currently in use. If you have more than 1 stick of ram, try a few ram sticks in different slots.
2. Re-seat the cpu / inspect for damaged pads while you have it out anyway.

If you're sure you plugged in everything, including the small CPU_PWR1 connector, then those 2 steps is everything I'll suggest without having hands on myself.

Plugging a normal fan into 'Pump fan1' is fine. It's just a beefier fan plug for pumps (or fans) that draw more power - the machine should still boot with no fans plugged into CPU_FAN1.