Errors d1 and d3 on motherboard

Hello, so recently I've been seeing the codes d1 (IOH initialization error) and d3 (Some of the Architectural Protocols are not available) on my Gigabyte motherboard. The computer itself works fine, but I find those codes to be a little concerning. I thought it was the DisplayPort cable with the whole 'pin 20' issue but I changed to an HDMI cable and the problem persists. I also have to mention that a few months ago I had an issue where the PC wouldn't turn on. I'm not an expert so I took it to a repair shop and they told me that they couldn't get it to work at first, but then suddenly it started working again. They tested the mobo and the power supply extensively but they couldn't find any issues at all. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the codes now but I thought it was worth mentioning. I'm confused as I was certain it was a DisplayPort issue but nothing seems to have changed. Any idea what this could be?

Current specs: Gigabyte Aorus x370 Gaming K7 motherboard

Sapphire 5600XT

16 GB G-Skill TridentZ RAM

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU

EVGA 650W Gold Power Supply

Anything plugged into the board can cause the PCH initialization code. It's not an error, just where the board hung up at.

Could be a key board or mouse or even the USB port it's plugged into. Could be the video card, one of the hard drives.... anything....

For the actual errors, you plug the little speaker into the front panel header and listen for the beeps. 

You can use my signature below and click AMI beep codes for the list of error codes.

• 11 months later...
On 5/12/2021 at 5:57 PM, edlp456 said:

Hello, so recently I've been seeing the codes d1 (IOH initialization error) and d3 (Some of the Architectural Protocols are not available) on my Gigabyte motherboard. The computer itself works fine, but I find those codes to be a little concerning. I thought it was the DisplayPort cable with the whole 'pin 20' issue but I changed to an HDMI cable and the problem persists. I also have to mention that a few months ago I had an issue where the PC wouldn't turn on. I'm not an expert so I took it to a repair shop and they told me that they couldn't get it to work at first, but then suddenly it started working again. They tested the mobo and the power supply extensively but they couldn't find any issues at all. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the codes now but I thought it was worth mentioning. I'm confused as I was certain it was a DisplayPort issue but nothing seems to have changed. Any idea what this could be?

I have the same error, can you repair it?