Why there is no safe screenshot plugin for Firefox?

Im looking at some recommended and verified plugins for Firefox for taking screenshots easily and there is none. I can't trust some random closed source plugin taking screenshots.

Just use the snipping tool built into Windows. If you use Linux your distribution will provide an alternative.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Windows Snip, or CTRL+PrntScrn?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Indeed.
Why use a program written for another program while you can just use the one provided by the OS.
Or better yet get a 3rd party app for you OS if the functionality of provided isnt enough.

And also (on Win10) if you want whole screen screenshot just press WinKey+PRTSCRN and it will store the screenshot in your pictures folder.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just use Screen Snip built into Windows 10.

It has a feature where it snaps a screenshot of any open window of your choosing.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

image.png.a2954dda09d0b1957e05dafac48d96a6.png

It's built right in. Just right click lol.

As an alternative you can also try "Print…" (Ctrl+P) in Firefox and then select "Save to PDF" this should give you a "screenshot" of the entire page (which I assume is the reason for wanting to use a plugin rather than a native screenshot tool)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

As an alternative you can also try "Print…" (Ctrl+P) in Firefox and then select "Save to PDF" this should give you a "screenshot" of the entire page (which I assume is the reason for wanting to use a plugin rather than a native screenshot tool)

Unfortunately though, because the PDF format is designed for print, is has to have a designated page size, which causes breaks in odd places. So it's best avoided if you want it to look pretty.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

It's a bit different on my Firefox, but nevertheless it's there :

image.png.0a88ce833a5f4a999c297049b097b45b.png

And when you select it, you can select a region freely (drag mouse) or by picking the region Firefox highlights, or you can choose to capture whole page or the whole visible area

...see attached picture done with built in screenshot tool

Screenshot_2021-05-12 Why there is no safe screenshot plugin for Firefox .png

On 5/12/2021 at 5:30 PM, HanZie82 said:

And also (on Win10) if you want whole screen screenshot just press WinKey+PRTSCRN and it will store the screenshot in your pictures folder.

Thats handy, i didnt know that, only knew ctrl+prnt ,which is kinda not great because you have to manually save it with paint or something, and its easy to forget.

Snip also works of course, but not the quickest either.

On 5/12/2021 at 5:33 PM, Den-Fi said:

😮

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 5/12/2021 at 5:32 PM, D13H4RD said:

Just use Screen Snip built into Windows 10.

It has a feature where it snaps a screenshot of any open window of your choosing.

Im pressting windows + print and nothing happens. I may not have the extra stuff, I use the Enterprise LTSC version.

I realized that the Take Screenshot thing was built in on FIrefox however it has disappeared recently. Update bug?

Ctrl shift s brings it up so its still there, just not the menu.

13 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

Im pressting windows + print and nothing happens. I may not have the extra stuff, I use the Enterprise LTSC version.

It saves them with no prompt. Go to

My pictures > Screenshots

It should be saved right there. (Screen wil go dim to show the taking of the screenshot)

On 5/18/2021 at 6:27 PM, HanZie82 said:

It saves them with no prompt. Go to

My pictures > Screenshots

It should be saved right there. (Screen wil go dim to show the taking of the screenshot)

I want a crop option like on firefox otherwise i can just print key and paste on paint

22 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

I want a crop option like on firefox otherwise i can just print key and paste on paint

Sure, you can go the more slow route. 😛  I get it tho, if it aint broken, dont fix it.

But i think you want to use SHIFT + WINKEY + S (if you have the right windows version) it will open Snippet tool in rectangle select.

And it should do exactly as you described.