Same issue on 2 RX 580 - Crashing on load

shone32

Hello guys, I have got 2 cards from my friend who used them for mining. (2x RX 580 Sapphire 4gb).

I did DDU and then tried one card. It ran fine and after I installed drivers I tried running Furmark. 

30 Seconds into it I've got Gray screen (images bellow) and I could not do anything.

Weird thing is that, after it crashed on me couple of times I decided to skip this one and try another one I got (Same model)
I did DDU and swapped the GPUS, installed drivers and ran Furmark. The same think occured.

I noticed that GPUS  after booting didn't use their fans (I guess due to zero rpm technology) but they didn't

start using them in the Furmark either before crashing. 

Other system specs:

CPU: Athlon x4 840
RAM: 8GB Generic 1600Mhz

MOBO: MSI A68HM-E33 v2
PSU: FSP HV PRO 550W (Completely new)

Is there anything I can do, perhaps this is occuring due to cards running in rigs or something else? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to add pictures : https://imgur.com/a/u9bEC5b

Athlon x4 840 @3.7Ghz MSI A68HM-E33 V2 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ SC GTX 750TI A400 120GB TOSHIBA 1TB MSI 200W 

I mean you got a pretty bad psu there doesn't matter if it's new it's low quality so could easily be the reason here. Another reason that is also highly likely is bad thermal transfer due to dried up paste. So start with redoing the paste on the cards and then test again. If crashing then I wouldnt be too suprised if it's the poor quality psu.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I mean you got a pretty bad psu there doesn't matter if it's new it's low quality so could easily be the reason here. Another reason that is also highly likely is bad thermal transfer due to dried up paste. So start with redoing the paste on the cards and then test again. If crashing then I wouldnt be too suprised if it's the poor quality psu.

I've got advice from some friends that this PSU is actually okay for my needs. (I just bought it today and before this I had MSI 200W unit).
Second thing is that GPUs are crashing at 47-50 degrees. With these results is it possible that thermal paste is bad or?

Athlon x4 840 @3.7Ghz MSI A68HM-E33 V2 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ SC GTX 750TI A400 120GB TOSHIBA 1TB MSI 200W 

Just now, shone32 said:

I've got advice from some friends that this PSU is actually okay for my needs. (I just bought it today and before this I had MSI 200W unit).

Sorry to say but they are wrong. Reviews put it as a at best meh psu but it doesn't do ok after 300w which is basically what happens in furmark.

As for temps furmark hits HARD and the temps can easily spike before being reported. I still recommend you change it as these are older cards that were mined on.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Sorry to say but they are wrong. Reviews put it as a at best meh psu but it doesn't do ok after 300w which is basically what happens in furmark.

As for temps furmark hits HARD and the temps can easily spike before being reported. I still recommend you change it as these are older cards that were mined on.

Okay thanks for answering. I just want to ask 2 more questions. 

First: Is there a way (logs or smth) I can post to be completely sure about it being PSU? 

Second: What is ok PSU for me for about 70eur? 

Just now, shone32 said:

Okay thanks for answering. I just want to ask 2 more questions. 

First: Is there a way (logs or smth) I can post to be completely sure about it being PSU? 

Second: What is ok PSU for me for about 70eur? 

1) Nope not unless you have serious professional grade tools

2) Where are you buying from? A cx650m should be in budget there maybe even a enermax df if lucky.