WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra Fan

Hello everyone,

we have a WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra at our office and we use it as our main storage space. From time to time I get the notification that the fan is not working, cpu temps are around 55°C, hdd temps are around 45°C and almost too hot to touch. If I do a system test on the web interface I sometimes get the result, that the fan is working, and sometimes it says the fan does not work.

I have to say that our office is relatively cold and that the fan itself does not start automatically (or at least the rpm is so low that you can't hear it, even when moving multiple GBs and video playback)

I did some search online and found a Thread on the WD Community Forum where multiple people have the same problem. One of them found out (back in 2015) that you can ssh into the WD Cloud and change the Fan speed manually, this does not work in the newest version 5.12.108, or at least it does not work permanently only temporary (2-5 seconds).

When I ssh into the cloud and type "fan_control -?" I get some parameter. But I tried other parameters from the thread I found online which also work, but aren't listed is my terminal. Since I don't know linux (I assume) that well I wondered if there is a command that lists more parameter than the normal "-?".

Otherwise, if there is no such command, does anyone else have this problem with their WDCloud and is there anything I could do about it (without strapping a fan on top of the unit ^^)?

Thanks in advance.