canon point and shoots.

Hi, I wanted to get a point and shoot (doest have to be canon but I prefer) thats small, weathersealed <-- (doesnt need to have), good sized censor 1 inch or higher, OS, EVF <--(again dont need it but it would be great) and flip out screen.

Thats all I want in a pocket sized camera.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Budget? What will it be used for?

b cam, 700 usd new

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

B cam?

yes.

1 minute ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

yes.

What does it mean? I don't know much english terminology for camera stuff I know it in my native language. So please explain what bcam is then I can help you further.

Just now, jaslion said:

What does it mean? I don't know much english terminology for camera stuff I know it in my native language. So please explain what bcam is then I can help you further.

B cam is second camera to the big camera. (aka mine is mirrorless.)

2 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

B cam is second camera to the big camera. (aka mine is mirrorless.)

Ok and what will it record? As in setting, low light, high light,... it sounds like it will be a very specific purpose camera and within the 700$ budget compromises will have to be made in certain departments so it is important that I know a decent sketch of what it has to record. I assume this will be used as a video camera then?

Just now, jaslion said:

Ok and what will it record? As in setting, low light, high light,... it sounds like it will be a very specific purpose camera and within the 700$ budget compromises will have to be made in certain departments so it is important that I know a decent sketch of what it has to record. I assume this will be used as a video camera then?

Like. in  the daylight. behind the scenes <---(Rarely like very) I want a nice zoom. Maybe 24-70 at something below f3.5. and yes it will be used more as a video camera  and occasionally take photos. It would be filming like small scenes of people running and stuff. 

3 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

Like. in  the daylight. behind the scenes <---(Rarely like very) I want a nice zoom. Maybe 24-70 at something below f3.5. and yes it will be used more as a video camera  and occasionally take photos. It would be filming like small scenes of people running and stuff. 

The sony rx100 v comes to mind as a good camera for this purpose. It is made with vlogging in mind thus good for capturing people in motion (as tests have also concluded).  It doesn't 100% fill your spec sheet but it is a good camera. Excellent daylight performance too. With great indoors and good night performance.

Just now, jaslion said:

The sony rx100 v comes to mind as a good camera for this purpose. It is made with vlogging in mind thus good for capturing people in motion (as tests have also concluded).  It doesn't 100% fill your spec sheet but it is a good camera. Excellent daylight performance too. With great indoors and good night performance.

im saying on a tripod. like uhh ill find a example. Can you try stay in canon eco system? 

its over exaggerated but. when it cuts to hagrid thats what I mean

1 minute ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

im saying on a tripod. like uhh ill find a example. Can you try stay in canon eco system? 

its over exaggerated but. when it cuts to hagrid thats what I mean

It's a bit unrealistic to expet this quality from a 700$ camera consitently but most are really nice. The EOS 80D from cannon is a really nice camera for these purposes they also have the smaller cybershot g7 but for about 130$ on average cheaper it is a pretty big step down in image quality from the 80D.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's a bit unrealistic to expet this quality from a 700$ camera consitently but most are really nice. The EOS 80D from cannon is a really nice camera for these purposes they also have the smaller cybershot g7 but for about 130$ on average cheaper it is a pretty big step down in image quality from the 80D.

im just showing what the types of shots that I want. G1x mark iii any good? I shoot 1080p by the way.

3 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

im just showing what the types of shots that I want. G1x mark iii any good? I shoot 1080p by the way.

Of all the camera's I specified it is in the Cybershot g7 tier so not better than the sony (which would be the best for you of the ones I provided here) or the canon 80D. Video resolution doesn't matter much you'll capture a bit more light when lowering it to 1080p on the 4k camera's. The main reason some are 1080p locked is really because their processing power is too low to handle 4k. Their sensors are more than capable but a lower end SoC in the camera can easily limit it's video recording capabilities.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Of all the camera's I specified it is in the Cybershot g7 tier so not better than the sony (which would be the best for you of the ones I provided here) or the canon 80D. Video resolution doesn't matter much you'll capture a bit more light when lowering it to 1080p on the 4k camera's. The main reason some are 1080p locked is really because their processing power is too low to handle 4k. Their sensors are more than capable but a lower end SoC in the camera can easily limit it's video recording capabilities.

I only do 1080p cause my camera cant use dpaf while in 4k so yeah. By out of all of this for 700 usd which camera do you recommend.

2 minutes ago, RTX 2070 Max-Q said:

I only do 1080p cause my camera cant use dpaf while in 4k so yeah. By out of all of this for 700 usd which camera do you recommend.

Listed from best to worst:

Sony rx100 V

Canon 80D (the sony just has a slightly better sensor shouldn't really notice a difference)

Cybershot g7 mk III / G1 (the g1 is an older camera and has some rather hard limits. The cybershot is aimed at regular consumers thus skipping out on features and being a noticeable step down from the above camera's)

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Listed from best to worst:

Sony rx100 V

Canon 80D (the sony just has a slightly better sensor shouldn't really notice a difference)

Cybershot g7 mk III / G1 (the g1 is an older camera and has some rather hard limits. The cybershot is aimed at regular consumers thus skipping out on features and being a noticeable step down from the above camera's)

g1 is bad? https://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Mark-Digital-Camera/dp/B076BBL9HL/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=g1+x+mark+iii&qid=1620821976&sr=8-2

the g5x mark II is a solid place to start it's a bit pricy, so I'd recommend the canon g7x mark II or mark III