two out of three 3070 fans only go to 100%

droopy

I've built a brand new PC, all components are brand new. I've done all the typical troubleshooting and I've narrowed my problem down to the following:

When my fans kick in, even at 30% idle, the two fans closest to the back of the case ramp up to 100% and the fan at the front sits on 30% and behaves normally.

I have the Inno3d 3070 iChill x4 which has 3 GPU fans and a gimmicky small 4th fan on the side that only kicks in when the card gets real hot.

I uninstalled any and all software that may be conflicting with my GPU, including all RGB software etc. I then used DDU in safemode to uninstall the drivers. Strangely enough I noticed that when in safemode my card idled at 30% perfectly. All 3 fans were quiet and idling how I imagine they should.

As soon as windows restarted and I reinstalled the Nvidia driver the two fans immediately go to 100% again with the 3rd fan behaving as normal.

The fans are either off or 100% jet engine.

As of right now I have tried the following: 
Checked all connections (including the fan headers on the GPU itself). 
Reseated the card multiple times. 
Updated my BIOS for both my motherboard and the GPU
I have tried 3 different versions of nvidia (with clean ddu installs) 
I have also removed all software that could be conflicting. 

MSI afterburner lets me control the 3rd fan. I tested this by physically stopping the two problematic fans briefly whilst manually ramping up the fan to see that the 3rd fan works as intended. I then physically stopped the working fan and tried to adjust the other two fans, however; any settings above 0% results in those fans going straight to 100% and being INCREDIBLY loud. As it stands, my SO cannot be in the same room as the sustained noise is just too loud. 

Physically the card should be working fine as this card came from a friend who had it for no longer than a month before his 3080 arrived, it worked fine in his system. 

What the hell is going on? I've been troubleshooting this for 3 days straight now.

Specs: ryzen 9 5900x
inno3d 3070 iChill x4
asus B550-e mobo
32gb 3600 mhz ram
850x corsair PSU gold

Edit: I should add I'm using a 1440p 144hz monitor 

You have done pretty much everything to troubleshoot imo

I had almost the same problem with my CPU Cooler ( NZXT X63 RGB ) on my Ryzen 7 5800x and GPU fans.

My CPU would clock to max and the fans on the AIO & GPU  would ramp up to 100% on idle.

I did all the typical trouble shooting but no luck BUT it works fine in Safe Mode.

Later in the task manager i found out that a program called gDm06.exe was using 75% of my cpu for a brief moment and then disappear and the CPU usage was back to 3-4% idle again.

Fans slowed down and CPU Clocks went down as long as i had Task Manager opened.

Some Antivirus scans solved the issue for me.

Since you said it works just fine in Safe Mode ,  I think there's some kind of Adware or a Crypto mining hijack or something going on.

I'd run some AV scans or reinstall windows if that fails.

Hope this helps

I have this card and it doesn't act as you mentioned

I would probably try a fresh OS installation at this point, you can install it in a spare drive and see if it still occurs there before wiping your main drive

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 hours ago, Moonzy said:

I have this card and it doesn't act as you mentioned

I would probably try a fresh OS installation at this point, you can install it in a spare drive and see if it still occurs there before wiping your main drive

I will try a fresh OS install tonight. I'll report back with my results. 

Here's a clip of the card. This is the only speed the two rear fans will spin at (unless described in my op). 

The fresh windows install did nothing. My fan is still currently spinning at only 100%. 

I've tried everything and at this point I'm so upset. It took me so long to get my hands on all these pieces and now they aren't even working properly.