How to not use NiceHash or any other 3rd party Miner

Is there a way to mine ETH using the daggerhashimoto algorithm but without using any 3rd party miner? I have been mining ETH for a couple of months now, and it seems like NiceHash takes a very big cut of the profit we earn.

10 minutes ago, Devansh Garg said:

Is there a way to mine ETH using the daggerhashimoto algorithm but without using any 3rd party miner? I have been mining ETH for a couple of months now, and it seems like NiceHash takes a very big cut of the profit we earn.

Yes, technically. It's called solo mining. Using a third party is for pool mining, and they take a cut to support the pool. However, you pretty much need an ASIC to solo mine. The way mining works is payment is made only when the block is solved. In a pool, that happens much quicker because of the combined compute, but then the reward is distributed based on work to the pool members, for a lower overall reward. You can technically make more solo mining, but it can take a very long time to solve a block, and if you aren't the first, it's all wasted effort. That means you need the compute power on your own to win the shares in a timely manner to actually make it work.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Yeah, I don't want to do solo mining, I want to do pool mining only. But, can that not be done without using a third party software. If I could fork the daggerhashimoto repo on github, use that algo and make a script that connects me to the pool address I like. Is something of this sort possible? I was also thinking of ditching NiceHash and using NBMiner as a standalone miner.  @Chris Pratt

7 minutes ago, Devansh Garg said:

Yeah, I don't want to do solo mining, I want to do pool mining only. But, can that not be done without using a third party software. If I could fork the daggerhashimoto repo on github, use that algo and make a script that connects me to the pool address I like. Is something of this sort possible? I was also thinking of ditching NiceHash and using NBMiner as a standalone miner.  @Chris Pratt

You still have to join a pool, and it's the pool that charges the fees, not the software.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

44 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

You still have to join a pool, and it's the pool that charges the fees, not the software.

I'm okay with the pool fees. I want to get rid of 1% dev fees. Will some kind of python script help?

12 hours ago, Devansh Garg said:

I'm okay with the pool fees. I want to get rid of 1% dev fees. Will some kind of python script help?

All programs have a DevFee built in to support the person that made the software. However if oyu want to join a pool like ethermine or 2miners and use phoenixminer you can disable the DevFee; however, it will lower your hashrate. Ive never done it to see how much it will lower it but according to the bitcointalk page that is what it says.

Try it out and see what the speed is with and without the devfee and let everyone know.

19 hours ago, Devansh Garg said:

Is there a way to mine ETH using the daggerhashimoto algorithm but without using any 3rd party miner?

Write your own miner, that's it. Otherwise you are stuck with 3rd party miners.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB