Vega 64 or 6700XT

how long should a mining rig be valid for for hashrates, looking to buy Vega 64 or 6700XT both have same putout in Nicehash, but the 6700xt has better long-term value but the Vega is a couple hundred cheaper only diffrence is the 6700xt makes an extra about $0.25USD per day

inb4 the cryptocurrency hate. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

2 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

inb4 the cryptocurrency hate. 

this is the way i figured i payback my student loans BTC is here to stay i feel and with major company's investing in the currency, and government agencies and IRS sees it s a Property already at 80K student loans and have to use an extra 50-60k to finish all my education 

Just now, tjrose91 said:

this is the way i figured i payback my student loans BTC is here to stay i feel and with major company's investing in the currency, and government agencies and IRS sees it s a Property already at 80K student loans and have to use an extra 50-60k to finish all my education 

I don't hate cryptocurrency miners if it is a single dude and a single GPU, even 2 GPUs, I hate miners who's whole income is mining on a dozen or more cards at a time. It is just that the discussion of buying GPUs, especially brand new ones like the 6700 XT, for the purpose of mining, is likely to gain a lot of hate. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

20 minutes ago, tjrose91 said:

how long should a mining rig be valid for for hashrates, looking to buy Vega 64 or 6700XT both have same putout in Nicehash, but the 6700xt has better long-term value but the Vega is a couple hundred cheaper only diffrence is the 6700xt makes an extra about $0.25USD per day

Depends on a few things:

1:

Will you ever use this system for gaming, or ONLY mining. If even just a few hours of gaming a week, then get the 6700xt. 

2:

What are the prices for each?

3:

what are the other specifications for the system?

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

4 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Depends on a few things:

1:

Will you ever use this system for gaming, or ONLY mining. If even just a few hours of gaming a week, then get the 6700xt. 

2:

What are the prices for each?

3:

what are the other specifications for the system?

1. Mainly this will be used for Mining with the occasional memory lane  gaming on the Vega 64 as i used it as a daily driver for many years with a 5820k then a 5960x

2. The Vega 64 is about 200 cheaper with the RX 6700xt being about 1kish and 5700xt being 2-300 more than the 6700xt

4. and depends the second mining rig will be a 4th gen i5 it was the only cpu i had that worked for the MB and cant replace the CPU as the board had bent pins and not going to mess with it and 8gb of drr3 ram dual channel or depending on the compatibility might be an my Pentium Gold T rig on an X370 MB with 8gb dual channel

will be buying around May 27th and BTW using excess loans to get this stuff might as well strech out the loan and have high hopes of paying it all back after my education is done 

23 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

I don't hate cryptocurrency miners if it is a single dude and a single GPU, even 2 GPUs, I hate miners who's whole income is mining on a dozen or more cards at a time. It is just that the discussion of buying GPUs, especially brand new ones like the 6700 XT, for the purpose of mining, is likely to gain a lot of hate. 

Right, my main income is SSDI on 1327 a month the mining is the best way to stretch my loans out and then pay all the loans back after my education is done, grad school will end Fall 2023 then a year of getting my BSW licensure 

Edit: but also realize i think Linus mentioned this in one of his videos that Miners can actually benefit certain gamers as when they are ready to see their old mining cards they usually do so at dirt cheap price as they already made their money back and trying to quickly sell to get the next thing, i mean thats what i would do at least when my time comes is to sell at or under MRSP for the cards if this GPU shortage keeps on going im just as upset at this due to i should only be paying around MSRP for the card not 1k for the 6700xt i dont have money for the rigs hint the excess student loans at payments are deferred until 2024