Does a chair count as a peripheral?

vikingshammer6

Hello there, first post here, if not allowed here please let me know, anyways...

My chair is a cheap chair that I got with a Walmart bundle and I find it really *REALLY* uncomfortable after about an hour of doing anything at just about any position. I'm looking for recommendations, what do you guys have and what are the price ranges that I should be budgeting for? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, vikingshammer6 said:

Hello there, first post here, if not allowed here please let me know, anyways...

My chair is a cheap chair that I got with a Walmart bundle and I find it really *REALLY* uncomfortable after about an hour of doing anything at just about any position. I'm looking for recommendations, what do you guys have and what are the price ranges that I should be budgeting for? Thanks.

Well to start, chairs I would say are not peripherals as they do not connect to the PC (usually), otherwise the desk, room heater, windows ect would be peripherals.

As for which chair to get I would have a look at office chairs, not so called gamer chairs. There would probably be some sites that review office chairs, like Which?

Budget, don't cheap out but also don't spend over the odds if all you are getting is a designer name, look at reviews then set yourself a limit you would be happy spending and stick to it.

most people will telll you if you can aim for a nice high end herman miller like and aeron it will cost a hefty amount of money though. but it is a "investment" on your back and posture health. personally though even though I say that Iam currently running a staples hyken a very budget mesh chair. I do not reccomend it for anyone taller than 5'8" and weigh more than 210lbs I also have it covered with a nice cloth cover from amazon made for protecting leather chairs. I hate the feel tof the mesh on my skin when I wear shorts so the cloth cover is nice and give me the nice long term comfort of mesh while protecting the chair. while it is harder to do in the pandemic I highly reccomend trying to find a used office supply store and look into brands like Steelcase, HON , and herman miller. they are super popular very sought after brands for a good reason. But for cheap or holdover chair the staples hyken is really good and I do reccomend it. 

Thanks for the info guys, also sorry about the location, I just didn't know where something like this would be appropriate and thought more of the user experience rather than " does it actually plug into anything?" 

I'll look into the suggestions though! Or maybe just go somewhere and sit on the store's displays.  

if you have ikea where you live I would recommend JÄRVFJÄLLET office chair its decently priced and the quality/comfort is good IMO and it comes with 10 year warrnaty

GT racing gaming office chair is a good one, under 200 too, if you can shoot for 500 the razer iskur is good too. ( USD btw)

Going somewhere to test them out is always good. You can check local stores for used office furniture to see if you can find a good chair there.

What's your budget? I can tell you what I did, I bought a re-manufactured Steelcase Leap V2 from Crandall Office Furniture. I got a 2020 version for 650 USD, which came with a new seat cushion and new upholstery. It looks new and comes with a 12 year warranty.