Normally working PC suddenly wont boot with RAM in all 4 slots

Go to solution Solved by BlackManINC,
44 minutes ago, FoxFire said:

I didnt change just one, they were all set the same. Also I have cleared the CMOS so all that would be reset.

馃槙 Maybe try changing the soc voltage or something.聽

TL;DR: PC was working fine then after a restart and a trip to the bios later to tweak the fan curve and lower RAM clock speed, the PC wont boot with RAM in the聽3&4 slots )but works in every other combination). Sometimes it will just go to a solid white LED on VGA and sit there forever.

聽Greetings forum goers! I am having an issue with booting PC up, I recently got into VR but was having issues getting some games to run smoothly. I was having crashes聽frequently in聽steam VR and even a green screen of death(I sadly AM on the dev channel of windows insider, waiting for a new update to drop so I can escape the clutches of insider builds X.X ). I had my memory OCd to 2933 so I tried backing it back down to its stock clock of 2800 and adjusting a fan curve. This was when I couldn't boot up anymore at all. No beeps even. I looked at the debug LEDs and saw it was stuck with white聽VGA .
Things I have tried: Disconnecting all USB, removing GPU and trying to get different boot light, updating BIOS, resetting CMOS, testing each RAM stick individually in slot 2 (they all work fine AND it booted each time). Then I tried all different combinations of RAM in slots and verified that all slots worked. I then found that it wont boot when the 3&4 slots are populated no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/iJOm0JQ.png

I am very confused at the cause, is this a Motherboard issue? A CPU? Both are only a couple of months old and hadnt had any issues before.聽
Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

MY specs:

Windows 10 64
Asus Tuf B550 plus

Gigabyte聽GTX 1660 super OC

Gskill RipJaws 4 2800 4x8

Ryzen 7 5800x

Corsair CX750M

did you change all the rams clock speed, if they're running at different speeds, the computer wouldnt be happy

I didnt change just one, they were all set the same. Also I have cleared the CMOS so all that would be reset.

44 minutes ago, FoxFire said:

馃槙 Maybe try changing the soc voltage or something.聽

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

21 minutes ago, FoxFire said:

Up or down? 馃槃

Bring it up a little.

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Very strange, but that worked! I bumped it to 1.334v and now its booting.I still would like to know why it suddenly needed more powa but oh well, time to run memtest 馃槃 Thanks for all your help!

3 hours ago, FoxFire said:

Very strange, but that worked! I bumped it to 1.334v and now its booting.I still would like to know why it suddenly needed more powa but oh well, time to run memtest 馃槃 Thanks for all your help!

馃檪 It worked? Well hot damn then..I just had a hunch because another dude had the same issue as yours, and increasing the SOC voltage was suggested. It has to do with things like the CPU's memory controller, which is of course related to the ram, so that's why it worked.聽

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10