Steve of Gamers-Nexus is quite angry on what NZXT did with the Riser for the H1

Summary

NZXT send out 2+ different models of cables of which one is a cheap solution, and the version they got was the more expensive version

My thoughts

NZXT screwed up royally. they should just send everyone the good quality cable

Sources

Add links to the news sites that you used to write this post 

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Geez, NZXT can't be trusted I guess. Better put them on the blacklist with MSI for selling firetrap hardware.

I got my replacement riser last week, Havn't installed it yet.

At work so will watch the video and check my cable tonight... 

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

@Kisai You know it is a big issue when Steve is soo angry, that he cannot Calmly explain the Technical details anymore.

-------

@shaz2sxy

i would also suggest to Tripple check your cable. make sure it is the good quality one as Steve from Gamers-Nexus originally received.

If it is not the same one, ONLY use NYLON screws.

and add a small Label to the Riser to remind yourself to ONLY use Nylon screws. [as a precaution. in case you ever sell it]

Prevention is better than the cure

║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║

i got the "cheaper" one

need to watch the video to see the issues

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Well edited the new one, 

It comes with 2 new screws and b they don't "bite" onto the PCB so fine 

Also it works @ pcie 4 speeds

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

Steve is always salty with one company or another

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

So send out a proper replacement part to reviewers to look like you're taking the problem seriously, then send a shoddy one to your actual customers while pretending they're the same? Sounds about right.

9 minutes ago, lotus10101 said:

Steve is always salty with one company or another

Maybe that's because one company or another is always doing shady shit?

You do realize we are talking about NZXT cutting corners in a way that could literally burn someone's house down, right? "lul why steve always so grumpy"

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

15 minutes ago, Middcore said:

So send out a proper replacement part to reviewers to look like you're taking the problem seriously, then send a shoddy one to your actual customers while pretending they're the same? Sounds about right.

You do realize we are talking about NZXT cutting corners in a way that could literally burn someone's house down, right? "lul why steve always so grumpy"

Right,the reason is usually legit I was just pointing it out that's he's always on someone's case. Don't get me wrong,I love that he holds his ground on these issues and calls them out asmuch as possible until they fix it

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

5 hours ago, Middcore said:

They are sending out two different riser cables to meet demand.

There is nothing wrong with the 2nd cable.  I have just installed mine.  The screws are different so don't even bite into the PCB so not gonna cause any issues. Steve also tested the new cable and found no issue with it.

I can even run my 3070 FE @ gen 4.0 with this cable.

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

So much for wanting the case.. oh well.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

2 hours ago, shaz2sxy said:

They are sending out two different riser cables to meet demand.

There is nothing wrong with the 2nd cable.  I have just installed mine.  The screws are different so don't even bite into the PCB so not gonna cause any issues. Steve also tested the new cable and found no issue with it.

I can even run my 3070 FE @ gen 4.0 with this cable.

The problem is not the NYLON screws that are send with it.

it is that someone who does not know what the Nylon screws are, when they are damaged, and still try to screw in a metal screw.

Since there is no protection on the inside of the hole it can potentially short out, causing yet another fire.

The riser Steve originally received had FULL plating all around and in the hole, with that part being separated from any electrical parts.

3 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

The problem is not the NYLON screws that are send with it.

it is that someone who does not know what the Nylon screws are, when they are damaged, and still try to screw in a metal screw.

Since there is no protection on the inside of the hole it can potentially short out, causing yet another fire.

The riser Steve originally received had FULL plating all around and in the hole, with that part being separated from any electrical parts.

They don't send nylon screws with replacement Riser KIT, they send NEW METAL screws which are smaller then the holes so don't bite into the PCB so no risk. 

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

8 hours ago, shaz2sxy said:

So you got the full plated one, i think the issue here is not everyone got this lucky , if i understand the anger correctly.

If "theres nothing wrong" Steve has no reason to be this upset.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

So you got the full plated one, i think the issue here is not everyone got this lucky , if i understand the anger correctly.

If "theres nothing wrong" Steve has no reason to be this upset.

No I got the one Steve is upset about. 

If this cable was unsafe or bad like the first one, then yes. But it isn't

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC