What Monitor To buy for an Ryzen 9 3900XT and RTX 3080

QStuder
Just now, QStuder said:

Not sure what would be more worth it a 1440p 240hz monitor or a 4k 165 hz monitor. I was looking at these two. If there are any better suggestion feel free to let me know.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--odyssey-g7-gaming-monitor-lc27g75tqsnxza/  - Samsung Odyssey G7

either one would be good, although the RTX 3080 will struggle to get 4k 165 fps or 2k 240 fps in modern titals.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

Not sure what would be more worth it a 1440p 240hz monitor or a 4k 165 hz monitor. I was looking at these two. If there are any better suggestion feel free to let me know. I'd like around  27 inches for sizing. I was also looking the Aorus 1440p 240 hz monitor. Bottom Line I want to make sure that I can use mr graphics card to its potential and not waste it on a weak monitor.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--odyssey-g7-gaming-monitor-lc27g75tqsnxza/  - Samsung Odyssey G7

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gn950-b-gaming-monitor - UltraGear 4K UHD Nano IPS 1ms 144Hz

Depends on what you want.

Fast shooters? 2k higher HZ, above 200 might not be the best if it can't overdrive well (having a smooth image between higher and lower framerates).

Some will have a lot of ghosting or such, 4K is a lot better resolution in my opinion but like stated it can be really hard to run. DLSS however can help you in some cases and when it becomes more normal or easier to add into games.

4K, maybe Mini LED (new screen tech released to public) and higher HZ are more expensive, better art/production side, but maybe more worth it if you can run it.  (remember future titles might become even harder to run)

I do wonder how the Mini LED TV's are going to change things in price and scale.

Here you can see what Mini LED 4K can be like.

Might become more HDR focused.

also I think the LG 950 is a pretty good choice though, if you want 4K.

Edited by Quackers101

Is it worth it though or will it be worth saving the 100 bucks or so on 2k monitor?

9 hours ago, QStuder said:

Is it worth it though or will it be worth saving the 100 bucks or so on 2k monitor?

if it's 100 bucks, then I guess more resolution for your money?

else 1080p and 2K if you want HZ and frames.

Also it very much depends on what you are mostly after.

4k and 1080 is a better resolution in my opinion, 2k can help too if you are only going to game and not certain critical work. both 4K and 2K will give more pixels and details for games, not all games might not scale nicely to 2K (although most if not all AAA games would support it) compared to 1080 to 4K.

You can do a trial with a 2K monitor if you like, if they have a return policy that you can follow if you want to choose another one after a certain time limit.

As some screens you just have to see in person and try the content you often use to get an general idea.