A Lian Li fan kit almost made my computer blaze

cathobb

Yesterday i received a Lian Li Bora fan kit that i bought which I always wanted, the installation was easy, and worked just fine all night long yesterday
Today i Woke up, turned on my computer and a little bit of smoke started to come out of the PC, then i could smell burned component distinctive smell

I immeadiatly turned off the pc, talked to my brother, we turned it on one more time to see where did the smoke came out from, and it came from the ARGB cables on the lian li kit

He first tought it was the PSU, but then we noticed the burnde cable on the video i am attaching, and we knew it was  only the controller, after this i tried turning it on and it would not turn on, not untill I unplugged the SATA controller, now the fans dont glow of course, but they work fine on the PWM controller

I am from Mexico, and im not quite sure if i should return product to Amazon, i already contacted Lian Li but no answer yet, i will try further

TAKE THIS AS A WARNING, if you ever had something like this happen to you I hope you could at least turn it off like i did so no other components were harmed

So far i am writting this on my PC and it is working just normally, but if you read this and have an advice, ill gladly take it

Also, this was not exactly a cheap fan kit just to fail like that and cause a short, maybe it was just a faulty kit and i got unlucky, but come on

I don't think Lian Li has an account here, but they're @GlobalLianli on Twitter. I'd DM them there, as you'll probably get faster service. Definitely something they need to be aware of.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

51 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I don't think Lian Li has an account here, but they're @GlobalLianli on Twitter. I'd DM them there, as you'll probably get faster service. Definitely something they need to be aware of.

I contacted them on instagram and fb, as well as the lian li support page, but ill try to reach out to them at twitter as well! Thx!

-> Moved to Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Talk to Gamers nexus. they like smoking hot stuff. 

22 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Cooling

Not sure how much cooling it is in the ARGB wire almost catching fire but ok 😄 

On 5/10/2021 at 12:48 AM, cathobb said:

I contacted them on instagram and fb, as well as the lian li support page, but ill try to reach out to them at twitter as well! Thx!

I just find it funny that people actually contact support over social media when in reality those places are just for brands to form a social standing on and promote their products and their brand. If I need to contact support I always write an email, never reach out on social media

Edited by Nepcchi

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20210520_214703_799.thumb.jpg.21def26e758c268a3a5b22397f9ab5a0.jpgGood news, they actually sent a new kit and working just fine, but im actually un-becoming a Lian Li supporter for another reasons