How to do so that they do not get tired in front of the monitor.

GamerGry123

How to make the monitor the least harmful to the eyes? I saw that the monitors that were flashing and which were not flashing were only visible on the camera. I heard that the monitors that flash, I mean such stripes, are harmful.

I have also heard that monitors with an IPS matrix are the least harmful and are less tiring for the eyes. And that's how it is when I sit in front of a laptop with a good IPS matrix, my eyes do not get tired, and when I sit in front of a laptop with a TN matrix, my eyes get tired after 30 minutes.

Doctors say to put a paw next to the monitor, not behind the monitor or behind the person only between. And some people say that to pass the LED strip behind the monitor, on some televisions there are LED strips on the back. And others say that with the light turned off at night not to sit behind the monitor, and some the other way around. So I don't really know. Maybe you know? I've heard that there may be a flash on the monitor.

I don't know what is true and what is not. So as you know, say it, but only say it when you are sure about it.

I work 12 hour night shifts using multiple monitors the entire time. Main thing is blue light. 

I have the night light mode in Windows constantly activated at about 35% and don't get much eye strain. Turning it off hurts my eyes after only a few minutes because I'm used to having it turned on. You can get yellow tinted glasses too, but just reducing the amount of blue light from your displays does the same thing. 

Do you mean like normal led flash or backlight strobing?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Czy masz na myśli normalną lampę błyskową led lub stroboskopowe podświetlenie?

Lampę normalną

10 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Pracuję na 12-godzinnych nocnych zmianach, używając przez cały czas wielu monitorów. Najważniejsze jest niebieskie światło. 

Mam tryb nocnego światła w systemie Windows stale włączony na poziomie około 35% i nie odczuwam dużego zmęczenia oczu. Wyłączenie go rani moje oczy już po kilku minutach, ponieważ jestem przyzwyczajony do włączania go. Możesz również dostać okulary zabarwione na żółto, ale samo zmniejszenie ilości niebieskiego światła z wyświetlaczy robi to samo. 

I have seen that monitor manufacturers very often advertise blue light mode in their monitors so that there is no flicker and flicker reduction mode, probably both are important. I have a square monitor from 2007 and there is no such function there, the monitor itself does not have it. But I know that you can get it in Windows itself or download a program and turn it on there, or if you do, it will work the same?

It sounds like you're getting a bunch of garbage fed to you. All monitors "flash". That's what the refresh rate is. This happens slower or quicker based on the refresh rate, but it's imperceptible to the human eye. It's capture on camera when the frame rate of the filming medium doesn't match up with the refresh rate of the monitor, so it's literally capturing frames of between the monitor refresh. That's not the situation for your eyes, which work entirely differently.

The problem for eyes is two fold: staring at any bright light source for long periods of time and blue light, which is harsher on the eyes and can cause sleep issues.

For the first, you should just take regular breaks, and actually give your eyes a rest during those breaks (don't just leave your computer and go look at Facebook on your phone). The pomodoro technique helps here. It's a system where you set a timer for something like 25 minutes, and then you work on a task for that time. At the end, you take a 5 minutes break, and then rinse and repeat. Step away for those five minutes, close your eyes, and meditate for just think about what you need to do next.

For the blue light issue, avoid staring at screens for like an hour or so before you plan to go to bed. You can also get so called "computer" glasses that filter out the blue light. These are also available in prescription form.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

19 minutes ago, GamerGry123 said:

I have seen that monitor manufacturers very often advertise blue light mode in their monitors so that there is no flicker and flicker reduction mode, probably both are important. I have a square monitor from 2007 and there is no such function there, the monitor itself does not have it. But I know that you can get it in Windows itself or download a program and turn it on there, or if you do, it will work the same?

Windows night light works well.

8 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

It sounds like you're getting a bunch of garbage fed to you. All monitors "flash". That's what the refresh rate is. This happens slower or quicker based on the refresh rate, but it's imperceptible to the human eye. It's capture on camera when the frame rate of the filming medium doesn't match up with the refresh rate of the monitor, so it's literally capturing frames of between the monitor refresh. That's not the situation for your eyes, which work entirely differently.

The problem for eyes is two fold: staring at any bright light source for long periods of time and blue light, which is harsher on the eyes and can cause sleep issues.

For the first, you should just take regular breaks, and actually give your eyes a rest during those breaks (don't just leave your computer and go look at Facebook on your phone). The pomodoro technique helps here. It's a system where you set a timer for something like 25 minutes, and then you work on a task for that time. At the end, you take a 5 minutes break, and then rinse and repeat. Step away for those five minutes, close your eyes, and meditate for just think about what you need to do next.

For the blue light issue, avoid staring at screens for like an hour or so before you plan to go to bed. You can also get so called "computer" glasses that filter out the blue light. These are also available in prescription form.

After all, you can turn on the blue light reduction mode on the computer or on the monitor itself.

I did 3D for a living along with being a PC gamer so I was in front of monitors at work and at play. 

Eye strain was an issue until I realized it was mainly caused by focusing too close.  I went to an eye doctor and had glasses made that focused on the average distance(no infinity) of my monitors(18" to 20"). I used them for over 20 years with no eye strain.

When I retired in 2018 I wanted to stop using my computer glasses and I did this my using TVs as monitors. They are about 30" to 32" away so at my natural close focusing range.

They have other benefits as well.

13 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I work 12 hour night shifts using multiple monitors the entire time. Main thing is blue light. 

I have the night light mode in Windows constantly activated at about 35% and don't get much eye strain. Turning it off hurts my eyes after only a few minutes because I'm used to having it turned on. You can get yellow tinted glasses too, but just reducing the amount of blue light from your displays does the same thing. 

I only started using dark modes with my modern monitors and TVs. I don't think my old monitors were bright enough to cause issues.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV