New Corsair RM750 PSU emitting weird smell under load

pirrhaa

I just bought a new Corsair RM750 and installed it, but whenever I'm playing something, there's a weird smell coming from my PC. It's not particularly strong or anything, but it's also not pleasant. Doesn't smell smokey or like anything is burning, just kinda chemically. Should I be concerned?

2 minutes ago, pirrhaa said:

I just bought a new Corsair RM750 and installed it, but whenever I'm playing something, there's a weird smell coming from my PC. It's not particularly strong or anything, but it's also not pleasant. Doesn't smell smokey or like anything is burning, just kinda chemically. Should I be concerned?

I've heard new psus sometimes smell like that. Your probably fine.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, pirrhaa said:

That's pretty standard, mine did that too as well when it was brand new. It should go away after it runs for a bit.

depends, so long nothing have been blown up or hearding anything like that and not smelling something that could indicate a fire (burning smell or plastic).

You should be fine otherwise, and experienced no issues.

1 hour ago, electropical said:

Most likely the smell of soldering flux, it happens once the PSU heats up (that's completely normal).

This.  And since the fan  doesn't spin until the PSU is under load, it doesn't push that smell out of the PSU until you're under load.