Repasted 3090 and now RGB is flickering and M.2 Slot under GPU does not work properly???

kappy332

So I decided to repaste and upgrade the thermal pads on my MSI RTX3090 Suprim X... Something I've done to plenty of cards and the past with no issue. Everything was fine for about a week...

When I went to use my card yesterday I noticed that under load all the RGB on the card goes completely haywire regardless of the settings I choose. I've just settled on turning off RGB at this point. The bigger problem is that after moving the 3090 between the 3 different PCI slots I realized that if there is an M.2 drive plugged in directly under the PCI slot the 3090 is plugged into, the drive will become unresponsive. Can anyone explain this?

Things to note:

All devices appear normal in all menus/bios (except drive starts throwing errors after starting to read/write from it)

This is repeatable with different drives but they all work fine if plugged into M.2 slots NOT directly under the 3090 PCI slot

3090 thermals are all normal according to HWinfo and there are no apparent stability issues after stress testing. 

Any insight would be very much appreciated!!!