Replacing thermal paste on MSI rx 56 vega air boost

LOST TALE

Unfortunately, I found no video of how to replace an MSI Vega 56 air boost cooler or thermal paste.

Thermal performance on the card has recently degraded by 5-7C. The card is fine but it sucks to have all this extra noise that use to keep it at 70C now go to 80C at 250W.

I read some thermal pastes struggle at handling high temperatures (80C+). I'm going to need something that can handle that as it may occasionally reach those temps.

Please give me best value paste at multiple price points and what difference to expect between these recommendations (set weakest at X and others at X-5C or whatever)

Or, recommend I replace the entire cooler. However with replacing coolers, I'm concerned about VRM and other smaller components not getting proper cooling. If that can be solved, I'd be interested in buying a mega gpu cooler to reuse with all my future gpus.

I was thinking about arctic silver, does that stand up well to higher temperatures?

do thermal pastes have a good shelf life while in their tube or do they go bad? I have some 7 year old cooler master paste that came with my 212 evo.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Haven't honestly heard of thermal compound that wouldn't stand heat. They are made for heat transfer after all.

Arctic Silver or MX-4 are decent enough.

Edit: about Silver - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_Silver

The company claims that AS-5's thermal conductivity is 8.7 W/(m·K). However, a study led by the US National Renewable Energy Laboratory found that it was only 0.94 W/(m·K)

That seems disapointing at the least.

I edit my posts more often than not

49 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Haven't honestly heard of thermal compound that wouldn't stand heat. They are made for heat transfer after all.

Arctic Silver or MX-4 are decent enough.

Edit: about Silver - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_Silver

That seems disapointing at the least.

do thermal pastes have a good shelf life while in their tube or do they go bad? I have some 7 year old cooler master paste that came with my 212 evo.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

4 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

It can dry out and not be as good. As long as it still flows, it is probably good.