RTX 2060 sold recently, thoughts please.

Duker981

I just sold an MSI Ventus 2060 RTX graphics card that I paid £329.99 for in March 2019, it's brand new, never used, because it was going to be part of a planned pc build but health issues stopped that so it's just been sat in its box for over 2 years so I put it on ebay on friday and someone saw it and offered me £420 for it as he was struggling to get 1 for his grandson because scalpers bought them all and were selling them for and getting over £550 for one... anyway I started the listing at £299.99 and ended up getting £420 cash for it! Making £90 and saving the man that bought it over £100 that someone else would have charged him extra and every penny I got from selling it is going to my children in a separate account I use for money that I save every month for them.

Just curious because for a 2060 rtx by now after 2 years realistically I'd of got what maybe £150 for it? So to make £90 on a graphics card i've had for over 2 years is insane! I even messaged the guy that bought it afterwards and offered to give him some of the money back for his petrol cost in driving to my flat to pick it up because it took him 1 hour 30 minutes to get here and the same amount of time to drive back, but he wouldn't take any money and said he knew what he was doing and what he was willing to pay for the graphics card as it was for his grandson and he'd been looking for one for ages, and he said he was more than happy with it as he could see it was brand new.

What do you forum members think, should I have sold it cheaper than I did or did I do the right thing selling it for what I did?

3 minutes ago, Duker981 said:

What do you forum members think, should I have sold it cheaper than I did or did I do the right thing selling it for what I did?

I would have tried to give some money back to the guy to not feel like I'm ripping him/her off during these crazy times. If you get back what you paid for it originally, I'd be happy with that and not try to get more from others. Since the buyer refused to take the extra, I'd try and sneak it in somehow. 

What a nice grandfather by the way. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I think since you sold it below scalper rates by a lot, everyone wins. In a bad time to buy a graphics card but it's a good time to sell, you could have asked for more and you definitely would have found someone willing to pay.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Duker981 said:

That is what he wanted to pay for it, you did the right thing buy not asking for a crazy amount and letting the market decide.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

You shouldn't feel bad about it. He can re-sell the card for the same price if he changes his mind. 

I did same thing with my RTX 2060 but it was like couple months before the prices started to skyrocket for real. Now I wonder if the guy really used the card for his son's pc or just listed it again for higher...

Well I like to believe his son is happy and playing Fortnite or something... 😆

Gaming PC

MBO: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX           CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3060ti TUF OC 8GB,        RAM: Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200Mhz,

Storage: Samsung SSD 980 1TB  &   WD Blue 1 TB SSD

PSU: Corsair 650W RM650x (2018)       Case: Kolink Citadel Mesh Matx     Case Fans: 3x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 120mm

1 hour ago, SpiderMan said:

I would have tried to give some money back to the guy to not feel like I'm ripping him/her off during these crazy times. If you get back what you paid for it originally, I'd be happy with that and not try to get more from others. Since the buyer refused to take the extra, I'd try and sneak it in somehow. 

What a nice grandfather by the way. 

It wasn't that the buyer refused to take what you call extra, what do you mean when you say he refused to take exra by the way? Just curious because I sent him a message on whatsapp after he'd left offering to pay for his petrol costs for driving here but he wouldn't take it, also the guy must have been about 60 years old that bought it and he said he'd installed it in his grandsons computer and that his grandson was over the moon with it, he seemed like a very genuine guy as well.

2 minutes ago, Duker981 said:

It wasn't that the buyer refused to take what you call extra, what do you mean when you say he refused to take exra by the way? Just curious because I sent him a message on whatsapp after he'd left offering to pay for his petrol costs for driving here but he wouldn't take it, also the guy must have been about 60 years old that bought it and he said he'd installed it in his grandsons computer and that his grandson was over the moon with it, he seemed like a very genuine guy as well.

By extra, I mean the excess money you gained from the sale over what you purchased it at. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, Zelenia said:

You shouldn't feel bad about it. He can re-sell the card for the same price if he changes his mind. 

I did same thing with my RTX 2060 but it was like couple months before the prices started to skyrocket for real. Now I wonder if the guy really used the card for his son's pc or just listed it again for higher...

Well I like to believe his son is happy and playing Fortnite or something... 😆

I'm pretty certain he installed it in his grandsons pc because he seemed very genuine and the fact he did a 3 hour round trip just to get the graphics card and got here just before 9pm pretty much says it all. I'm glad I made a profit especially considering by now the 2060 rtx is 'ancient tech' when it comes to computer components but obviously it's supply and demand, because I wasn't greedy and listed it at £299.99 starting bid as opposed to some of the crazy buy it now prices on ebay, that's why I got £420 I believe, always best not to be greedy and like someone else said I'd have been equally happy with getting back what I paid for it as well simply because if it wasn't for the scalpers I wouldn't have even got half what I did get, because graphics cards especially something new comes out all the time.

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

By extra, I mean the excess money you gained from the sale over what you purchased it at. 

Aah okay, I offered to pay his petrol costs but he wouldn't take that either.

I think you already did more than I normally would for a perfect stranger when it comes to an arm's length business transaction. I've had a revolving door of used GPUs (because I'm constantly building/upgrading for friends and family) these past few weeks and the sob stories from low ballers were a dime a dozen. I'm not saying you've been lied to, but I wouldn't recommend you hand out any more favors than you already have.

11 hours ago, SPARTAN VI said:

I think you already did more than I normally would for a perfect stranger when it comes to an arm's length business transaction. I've had a revolving door of used GPUs (because I'm constantly building/upgrading for friends and family) these past few weeks and the sob stories from low ballers were a dime a dozen. I'm not saying you've been lied to, but I wouldn't recommend you hand out any more favors than you already have.

To be fair I was very sceptical to start with, frankly when he offered me £420 I thought that was a wind up, then when he said he was happy to come and pick it up at nearly 9pm after i'd got back from the hospital I thought he won't turn up due to time wasters in the past or I thought if he did turn up he'd then turn round and say that he only had x amount on him because he couldn't get any more and would I take what he had, but he didn't do that either, so i'm pretty certain he was very genuine, which is a rarity these days...

I totally get what your saying about low ballers with sob stories, it's obvious they're talking crap just to get something cheaper, but I don't fall for that crap. I don't have anything else to sell but if I did |I still wouldn't rip someone off. and the fact I even made a profit at all on the graphics card is brilliant.

I think you've been fair.

When i sold my 2070 Super FE in December i sold it for £410

i wasnt going for scalper prices as felt bad lol

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro