[RUMOR] AMD new Ryzen 6000 APU would feature Zen 3+, RDNA 2 and more

Icarus_Radio

Summary

AMD's new Ryzen 6000 APU is rumorred to feature the brand new "Zen 3+" architecture, which is based on TSMC 6nm node. The iGPU would use the RDNA 2 architecture, and the platform would use PCIe 4.0 and DDR5.

Quotes

As per the new details, AMD's next-generation Rembrandt Ryzen APUs will be based on the Zen 3+ and RDNA 2 GPU cores. But these aren't just any Zen 3 / RDNA 2 cores, the roadmap also mentions that the chips will be based on a 6nm process node. AMD is expected to retain TSMC's as its choice of fab for the Rembrandt CPUs and as such, we can expect around 20% higher density with better power consumption on the improved node.

Other prominent features of the Rembrandt Ryzen APUs from AMD will include support for PCIe Gen 4 and LPDDR5/DDR5 memory support. The Rembrandt APUs will feature up to DDR5-5200 memory support, 20 PCIe Gen 4 lanes, and two USB 4 (40 Gbps) ports.

AMD's Ryzen 6000 (Rembrandt) APUs might be the first APU family to hit the AM5 socket. The new socket will allow full support for the said chips along with features such as DDR5 memory support. The Rembrandt desktop APUs will launch around early 2022 so the AM5 platform should be out by that time.

My thoughts

Okay, this is a bit more confusing. I remember there were news about AMD cancelling "Zen 3+" as they just cannot produce enough Zen 3 chips. But it's good to see them compete against Intel's Alder Lake anyway.

Sources

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-6000-rembrandt-apus-feature-6nm-zen-3-cpu-cores-up-to-12-rdna-2-gpu-compute-units/

https://www.igorslab.de/en/amd-ryzen-6000-rembrandt-apus-soll-bereits-auf-zen-3-in-6-nm-und-bis-zu-12-rdna-2-gpu-compute-units-setzen-2/

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-9-6900h-rembrandt-rumored-to-feature-zen3-cores-and-12-rdna2-compute-units

Is it possibly going to be an OEM chip only, again?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, Icarus_Radio said:

Okay, this is a bit more confusing. I remember there were news about AMD cancelling "Zen 3+" as they just cannot produce enough Zen 3 chips. 

also from WCCFTech, and also from Hassan Mujtaba

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-6000-warhol-zen-3-desktop-cpus-reportedly-cancelled/#:~:text=Hardware ⋮ Rumor-,AMD Ryzen 6000 'Warhol Zen 3%2B' CPUs Reportedly Cancelled,Raphael Zen 4 Chips Instead&text=AMD's next-generation Ryzen 6000,Warhol%2C have reportedly been canceled.

wccftech will report on any rumor tbh

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

This is why I think we should never have rumours in tech news. It complete condradicts this rumour

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

15 minutes ago, Icarus_Radio said:

AMD's new Ryzen 6000 APU is rumorred to feature the brand new "Zen 3+" architecture

"Zen 3+" is a dead rumour at this point

something on 6nm is plausible, but Zen 3+ is seemingly out the window. Rembrandt if it launches is likely just Zen 3 + RDNA 2 at some point next year. 

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

And if they don't have one to report on, they'll happily make one up for you.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Would be cool. Vega chips are not bad but RDNA2 ones would be so much better.

42 minutes ago, Icarus_Radio said:

But it's good to see them compete against Intel's Alder Lake anyway.

Not sure they needed anything to "compete" with Alder Lake. About the only thing that has going for it is better power efficiency from big.LITTLE. It's possible that will give AMD somewhat a run for their money in wattage requirements, but AMD was already more power efficient than Intel, and there's nothing about this rumor that changes that math one way or another anyways.

Other than that, even their current 5000 series APUs are likely better than what Intel will have with Alder Lake. Even Vega 8 still trades blows with Intel's Xe integrated graphics. Though, if they included RDNA2, that would be a serious gut punch to Intel.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

This is why I think we should never have rumours in tech news. It complete condradicts this rumour

Spiderman Pointing.jpg

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

it doesn't actually, no zen 3+ is all about a new desktop non apu cpu coming to market this year, this is an apu that has been rumored for a while now.

As mentioned with others above: very unlikely.

Assuming there is any truth to this rumor, if I were to guess, a company like AMD, most likely works on more than 1 product at the same time, and choose the best one considering the market condition at the time, especially that making a processor (CPU and GPU) takes on average 5 years. So, it's hard to predict this many years ahead the market.

Zen3+ would have been a possibility if the shortage issue wasn't there, and AMD would have been completely ahead from Intel, or Zen4 would have been delayed, and need something in between to hold off. As this isn't the case, Zen4 is the way forward.

The only rumour I need is mobile zen getting thunderbolt support.

How long more do I have to wait

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Hmm yeah, we'll see, for next gen platform I'd see them moving to the latest generations for everything though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |