Volume slider in windows 10 not adjusting volume with my headphones, have to control it manually on the headphones >:(

Merlin_747
Go to solution Solved by Merlin_747,
1 hour ago, Merlin_747 said:

Every time I try to adjust it it's just not working. I have to adjust the volume on my headphones. I have no clue why is this happening, I tried various methods of fixing it and nothing works so far. I tried controlling the volume with other headphones (jbl e45bt) and it's working. Why is that? Is it a headphone issue, and why? Don't get confused the slider opens and slides I just can't control the volume. I'm using bluetooth headphones jbl tune500bt. Also sometimes the audio just starts crackeling until I restart the system... Also the system recognises the hands free ag audio of the headphones as a mic which it isn't. Idk if that's a problem tho. I can control the volume on my phone and everything so it must be a windows issue? Idk what else to say I didn't mess around with windows settings much so I hope it isn't me.. I appreciate any help, thanks guys.

Anyway found the solution...

I described a problem on a get help windows app and there I found the solution.. So the solution is to type a following command in cmd(ofc run as an administrator): "reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT /v DisableAbsoluteVolume /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f" and then restart the pc. This solved my problem for now. Thx for helping me anyway.

Every time I try to adjust it it's just not working. I have to adjust the volume on my headphones. I have no clue why is this happening, I tried various methods of fixing it and nothing works so far. I tried controlling the volume with other headphones (jbl e45bt) and it's working. Why is that? Is it a headphone issue, and why? Don't get confused the slider opens and slides I just can't control the volume. I'm using bluetooth headphones jbl tune500bt. Also sometimes the audio just starts crackeling until I restart the system... Also the system recognises the hands free ag audio of the headphones as a mic which it isn't. Idk if that's a problem tho. I can control the volume on my phone and everything so it must be a windows issue? Idk what else to say I didn't mess around with windows settings much so I hope it isn't me.. I appreciate any help, thanks guys.

If you change the volume on the headphones do those changes reflect in Windows?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

2 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

If you change the volume on the headphones do those changes reflect in Windows?

ya they do

What's selected in the volume menu for playback device when you click on the volume icon in the lower right side?

Example:

image.png.1c4dcf7600155d4076916f47b10cd5f9.png

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I think its about the way Windows sees Bluetooth devices. Testing on my own portable speaker, it connects as two audio outputs, speaker and hands-free. The speaker has two independent sliders(-ish), one for Windows audio and other for buttons on speaker. Both do control audio, but buttons on speaker don't affect slider on Windows. Using hands-free device, the buttons on speaker also connect into Windows slider.

All of this is much better on Win10 and using devices with native BT support. In this case my laptop. Win7 and using dongle used to be so bad I stopped using that combo completely.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What's selected in the volume menu for playback device when you click on the volume icon in the lower right side?

Example:

image.png.1c4dcf7600155d4076916f47b10cd5f9.png

Headphones (2- JBL TUNE500BT Stereo)

3 minutes ago, Merlin_747 said:

Headphones (2- JBL TUNE500BT Stereo)

Hmmm, interesting, I've had where a different device was selected but I could still get audio through bluetooth headset but I had to change that to adjust the headset volume so I'd hoped that was the case here.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Merlin_747 said:

Anyway found the solution...

I described a problem on a get help windows app and there I found the solution.. So the solution is to type a following command in cmd(ofc run as an administrator): "reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT /v DisableAbsoluteVolume /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f" and then restart the pc. This solved my problem for now. Thx for helping me anyway.