New build no Post, but boots to windows!

JauJau666

I recently made an upgrade and bought new parts:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x Mobo: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus PSU: 750 be quiet fully modular RAM: G.Skill 16 GB DDR 4 Storage: 970 Evo 500gb Video: 1050 ti

So the mobo came updated with the latest software. I put everything together but yet no post. I can’t get into bios. I checked everything, LED Debug status is fine, Checked all connectors, tried removing mobo battery. Still nothing ... no logo, no bios, just black screen.

Thought CPU or Mobo was broken. Now comes the weird part. I installed an old ssd with Windows on it.

It boots directly to windows. I can run everything and check CPU an ram.. everything looks fine but it skips bios completely.

Then I tried booting from a Win 10 bootable usb stick. Nothing. Can someone pls help

Do you have multiple monitor connectors? I've had it that for some reason the BIOS would only display on a certain output and not all of them. Windows is more flexible when it comes to that, so from your description I would call that highly likely...

Displayport or hdmi ?

I'm willing to swim against the current.

If it's anything like mine, it's showing the POST on the HDMI output while you only have the DisplayPort connected.  When it gets to Windows loading, the DisplayPort monitor will become active and everything shows.  I never see my BIOS or prompts unless I turn on the monitor connected to HDMI.