Can't screw my fans to the top.. from my case

Doghen

Hello there, i have 2 (120mm) BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 fans..

But i can't screw them onto the top from my case, right now the fans are inside the case but some screws are loose.. 

and i don't know if it will hold the fans or not?

Should i take all my PC Parts out and then mount the screws from inside the case to the fan and bring the fan on the metal case (fan holder)?

I also tried Silicone screws but then the fans are making a weird noise..

Should i use longer Screws or just the silicone screws with a O-ring between it for stoppen the vibration?

And can anybody recommend any good (Screws size LONG screws like radiotor screws but then for Fans) 

I hope somebody can help me out! 🙂 

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

183991406_317242519755378_3013125735028747161_n.jpg

Rad screws and fan screws are VERY different. Rad screws will only catch when screwed into a threaded hole. Fan screws are much bigger with really coarse self tapping threads designed to actually cut the plastic of the fan as they go in.

I cannot see from that picture since its tiny but if you're trying to mount a fan using a rad screw and there isn't a rad underneath then it won't work.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Rad screws and fan screws are VERY different. Rad screws will only catch when screwed into a threaded hole. Fan screws are much bigger with really coarse self tapping threads designed to actually cut the plastic of the fan as they go in.

I cannot see from that picture since its tiny but if you're trying to mount a fan using a rad screw and there isn't a rad underneath then it won't work.

My screws are loose like i can't screw them strong.. 

the screw keeps turning and cannot tighten onto the case..

is this a problem? like i also have silicone screws should i use these with a O-ring between the case and the fan so it won't make noise?

3 hours ago, Doghen said:

My screws are loose like i can't screw them strong.. 

the screw keeps turning and cannot tighten onto the case..

is this a problem? like i also have silicone screws should i use these with a O-ring between the case and the fan so it won't make noise?

Can you post better pics? Like from screws themselves and how you have currently screwed them. For reference, this is fan screw:

2a153403-fefc-05c9-c862-9511db41e6b9.jpg

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Can you post better pics? Like from screws themselves and how you have currently screwed them. For reference, this is fan screw:

2a153403-fefc-05c9-c862-9511db41e6b9.jpg

Iknow that, its are these that i have used for my fans.. but its not like loose its just i can't screw them thight.. i can screw unlimited on them because it doesn't thight up, but is that a bad thing for my fans? like will they get loose?

Just now, Doghen said:

Iknow that, its are these that i have used for my fans.. but its not like loose its just i can't screw them thight.. i can screw unlimited on them because it doesn't thight up, but is that a bad thing for my fans? like will they get loose?

Ok, that sounds like they have milled too much plastic away. Meaning that threads are just going around same grooves over and over again. I doubt fans will fall if you have 4 screws in so long as they can be. Using washer may or may not help as it would force threads to dig new grooves. But at the same time, if the plastic is too damaged, that may not make any difference.

You can test if fan is fine by trying to wiggle it. If it moves, then it may rattle. But unless you can like pull it significantly, it won't drop out. Just one good, tight screw is enough for keeping fan in place, the rattling is more issue with loose screws.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Doghen said:

Is it holding unto the case but not the fans? If so you can use some plastic or wood material to wedge in the fan holes in order to give the screws something to grab unto. If it’s the case that’s stripped then I’m not sure what you can do there...

On 5/9/2021 at 8:24 PM, ari735 said:

Is it holding unto the case but not the fans? If so you can use some plastic or wood material to wedge in the fan holes in order to give the screws something to grab unto. If it’s the case that’s stripped then I’m not sure what you can do there...

The fans need to be placed on my case on the top, but they are hanging under the case where the motherboard is.. but i want them to reseat onto my case, but the screws aren't fitting or grabbing into the case