what seemed like shadowplay messing up, turns out there was something more going on... 3 monitors, 1 DP, 2 HDMI and displays that keep changing

chrimbooooooo

Setup:

Main: LG27GL850-B (connected via DisplayPort)

ASUS VS228H-P (connected via HDMI)

Huion Kamvas Pro 20 (connected via HDMI)

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1070

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F

CPU: Ryzen 3700X

In short, ever since i got my new LG 27GL850-B, Shadowplay kept on recording the wrong display when i wanted to record some clips for apex but also noticed that whenever my computer restarted or went idle and had the displays turn off, everything would be shoved into my far right Huion Display tablet monitor. I had noticed as well that my display tablet would also have the cursor calibrated to my other HDMI ASUS monitor and would need to recalibrate. knowing this i checked my display settings and noticed that the numbers that each monitor had identified had their settings swapped or something since their Display numbers were the same (The numbers that identify which monitor was which with the UI).

to note, all of the monitors are registered as Generic PnP Monitors under device manager.

Ive tried unplugging the huion and restarting to force shadowplay to recognize the main LG monitor with some success but soon after shutting down and booting up my computer the next day, shadowplay would resume recording on my huion's screen, still recognizing the game as Apex Legends while recording my display on that side.

i tried unplugging the LG, Turning off the monitor and restarting the computer, replugging it back in and turning it on after my computer had finished booting and the problem still resumed.

i've searched for every solution under the sun but i feel like my problem was a bit more unique since my display setup was a bit more different than the ones listed in other forums.

the only other notable thing i could mention is the fact that i had also recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU and Ram but the issues lasted well before i had upgraded.

any amount of advice or help would be greatly appreciated

please im dying here

26 minutes ago, chrimbooooooo said:

Shadowplay kept on recording the wrong display

Set the default to the LG monitor. You need to do that first or itll just bounce around.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.