Best free or low-cost Video Editing Software 2021

I am interested in obtaining a free or low-cost video editor program for screen recording computer labs and create how-to videos. Which one would be the best option and user-friendly for beginners?! Davinci Resolve? Wevideo? Vsdc? Debut Video? There are a lot of options out there. I am looking for a simple, easy to use screen recording. Possible using webcam with virtual background setting. Feedback would be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Beorn_Bear said:

I am looking for a simple, easy to use screen recording.

For screen recording use OBS. It's not a video editor though...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I've been using Hitfilm Express for years and I really like it. It can take a little bit of time to get used to in the beginning, but it does pretty much everything, and it's free.

Resolve might be the best free option. The other free options include Hitfilm Express, Shotcut and some other open-source I don't remember outright. Ofc you could also use Win10 built-in too.

Humble Bundle has Vegas Pro 16 in very nice deal for 4 more days.

For recording, they are usually done with different software. OBS is best known for free tools. You can use either base version or Streamlabs version of it. Something like Bandicam with watermark would be the alternative.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv