[Potential spoilers] Resident Evil Village discussion

tikker

Even though it's at own risk, let's keep any spoilers in a spoiler tag given that it has only been out for 2 days. I have finished, but won't spoil anything here. I was just curious about peoples opinions and experiences on it.

To me RE 7 was a bit weird. Still a good game, but it didn't really do it for me. It's hard to describe exactly what I didn't like, but I just didn't feel "it" as with the original and the recent remakes of 2 and 3. Village however manages to combine the best of my favourite installments of the series: 1 and 4. It has managed to combine the ambiance and atmosphere of the original with the combat of 4. Personally Capcom has knocked it out of the park with this one. It's my new favourite Resident Evil. I finished it in pretty much one go, it was that engaging to me.

Have you played it already, what did you think?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB