Gaming laptop, long lasting for Uni student?

Hi there, in about a couple of months I will be embarking on the journey to Uni and till then I want to work to buy stuff like a new phone, backpack laptop etc, things I need for Uni. Now in terms of my course, I am wanting to do a Bsc undergraduate in Computer Science. My current laptop is a old ThinkPad I have had for a while, and while yes it does work, its seriously starting to show its age, especially in the battery department. Now yes, I have looked at the new M1 MacBook's, and I must say they nearly tempted me to buy one. I say nearly because I was literally about to press the checkout button on apples website. But I stopped and looked for other window options. You see, I want to do gaming while at Uni too, since till now I have not really have had any means of gaming apart from my phone. So I started looking for gaming laptops, perfect for any coding workload I throw it, and amazing gaming capabilities. Now at the same time I need it to be not too heavy (so under 2.3 KG) and have decent battery life to last me the school day, so around 4-6 hours. At the same time I want it to have RGB but look understated when going in class so I dont draw attention to myself. Now thats I huge list, I know and the Macbook M1 ticks most of them off, but the restrictions on the new chip and Mac really bother me, hence I stopped looking at them. So I have been searching for days and looking at reviews etc, and I believe I found the perfect one for me. The Lenovo Legion 7. The link to it is here:  https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/gbeducation/cart/46e43b72-d3ff-4dcf-a942-113159ef939b?activeTabName=&transMessageFlag=true

However if you cannot access the link to the specific one I want I will give the specs and price here below:

£1400/$1950

Intel core i7 10750H

16GB RAM (expandable to 32GB)

1TB SSD

240z 15.6'' Adobe vision, 100% Colour accuracy screen which goes to 500 nits, 1080p

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 MAX-Q

Full RBG I-CUE 

Battery advertised as 7.3 hours (actual reviews say from 4.5 to 6 hours of youtube loop, with lowest setting and RGB off)

And the weight is 2.25 kilo's

On paper and on reviews alike, this looks and seems as the perfect laptop for me. But here comes my question, is this what I should get, not just as a specific gaming laptop but as in, a gaming laptop in general? A big issue I have is the longevity of this product. You see, for me to get the laptop I would need to work 3 months full time during summer. So not only do I expect it to be great in my needs, I expect it to last me a very long time.

See I am based in the UK, and unlike apple where there are repair stores literally everywhere, Lenovo has a different stance.

So in short my question (or questions in this aspect) is, is this worth it? How long will this really last me? Does Lenovo have good customer support, specifically in the UK? And if anyone who has this laptop with them at Uni, what's your experience like with it?

If you're still reading you're a King/Queen and I appreciate your time. I am just worried I might make the wrong purchase since to me this might be one of the biggest purchases I would make in my life so far.

I'll be frank, the text is too massive, I skipped some part of it, if I'm missing something I'm sorry

lenovo is known for trying to ripoff, recently it has be fined for refusing to refund windows license

anyway it seems overly expensive, laptops with 3060/3070 can be found at lower price

though you aren't providing any useful information, doing cs, doesn't actually define what are you gonna use, so it's a worthless argument; 

you can cap performance/power usage, if you're interested into save power, ergo battery, most of the "gaming" laptops do it by default anyway if it isn't plugged into an outlet