BSOD with stopcode "page fault in nonpaged area" at boot

Hi guys, I am having a bit of trouble with my computer and I'm stuck in troubleshooting. Hereby follows my specs, and a brief summary of my situation:

Specs: 

i5 4690k

Msi z97 pc mate

Corsair vengeance DDR3 (4x4gb)

GTX 970 (Asus strix)

So yesterday I was plaing some games with my friends when all of a sudden all of my open programs shut down and I then got a BSOD with the stopcode: System_thread_exception_not_handled. I have recently switched to a Corsair H115 as my CPU cooler, and I've been having issues with it as it sometimes have caused very high temps on the cpu at idle. Maybe the pump is malfunctioning. Anyway, when I start the computer back up my CPU temps are at 85-90 degrees celsius and I immidiately shut it down again. After that, I decided to switch my cooler back to a simple air cooler (cryorig c7) as I thought that the BSOD may have been caused by overheating. Although, when I eventually turn my computer back on, I get the stopcode 0xc000000f at boot. I search it up, and try to go in to command prompt in pre-boot to fix it, although unsuccesfully. After many tries, I eventually decide to reinstall windows from a USB flash drive. Everything seems to be fine, windows gets downloaded and i get in to the operating system and I install some drivers. Therefore, I need to reboot my computer, and I do. However, upon starting again, I immideately get a BSOD saying "page fault in nonpaged area", and I can't start the computer. Again, I search it up and try to correct it in command prompt via the USB flash drive, but this does not grant admin accessibility and I am unsuccessful. I try to access the command prompt in the repair tool that appears when the computer has been unsuccessful in booting three times, however when I try to log in to gain access, it says my password is wrong (which I for a fact knew it was not). I then tried to boot my computer with only 1 ram stick and without the graphics card, as I read faulty RAM may be the problem but this did not work either. I then reinstalled windows again today, and I get in to the operating system. There, I downloaded Overwatch and it ran as usual without problems or crashes, but as soon as I rebooted the computer I got the same error code ("page fault in nonpaged area") and can't access windows again. Again, command prompt tells me my password is incorrect, and I get the same error message when trying to boot in to safe mode. I have turned off fast boot in bios, and replaced the cmos battery, all without luck.

At first, I was convinced this was a windows issue, although now I am not so sure anymore as I was able to run windows and use it normally after the reinstall. The problem then is booting, and I have no idea what to do next. Could it be the motherboard or the cpu that is faulty?

Very thankful for any replies, I am in a difficult situation as this is the computer on which I do almost everything regarding distance learning in school. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to write a comment. Thanks!

/Joel

PS. Sorry for not including dump files, as I can't even get in to windows I haven't been able to collect them.

Edited by JoelEber

How do you have your AIO installed?

What I mean by that, where did you put the radiator in the case?

Also it might be worth it just to re-seat the RAM.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you manage to sort your problem?  I've a friend who not only has exactly the same error but the same motherboard as well, they had a boot SSD and a storage hard drive but the hard drive is failing.  They replaced the hard drive but the system stopped booting even though Windows and the boot files were on the SSD, startup repairs failed so just decided to clean install Windows (with the hard drive removed) which looked fine until the PC was rebooted and it showed the BSOD with page fault in nonpaged area.  They tried just doing the Windows install again but received the same BSOD.  What I'm find odd is that the PC was working fine before this hard drive issue and Windows 10 installed fine the previous time as well.

Most articles I can find on this error point to faulty hardware or a bad software update or driver but none of those seem to really apply here.