how do setup surround sound on gt1030->q7fn->sl9y?

Anton v

hi,

my media setup is:

PC is a i5 3570k + GT1030. locked to 451.67 driver, any newer results in freezes while playing video. 

Samsung QLED 55' TV Q7FN via HDMI.

LG SL9Y soundbar with DTS and Dolby.

i had the PC connected to the soundbar and then to the PC and surround worked, i saw on the soundbar when it was decoding dolby.

now i got a PS5 and since the sound bar has only one input its connected to the TV, the sound is still going to the soundbar via ARC.

this setup is problematic since i need another remote for the soundbar to switch inputs every time.

so i connected the PC to the TV as well, now the soundbar is only receiving sound via arc.

but now in windows 10 settings i can only set up stereo output.

any setting im missing to be able to enable this?

Not familiar with sound bars, sorry in advance if I get anything wrong.

The problem is your TV doesn't support eARC so you're limited to stereo PCM on your PC, but I think it can still output Dolby or DTS 5.1 when your video file has these audio format and your video player is set to bitstream. Otherwise if you want multichannel PCM then your PC has to connect directly to soundbar and deal with changing source input.

PC spec: CPU: RYZEN 9 5950X | GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ SE AMD RADEON 6900XT (Undervolt to 1045mV) | MB: MSI MAG TOMAHAWK x570 RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 (OC to 3800 14-15-15-25) COOLING: NOCTUA NH-D15, BE QUIET! SILENT WINGS 120 & 140mm| CASE: IN-WIN 707 | 5.25" BAY: LG WH16NS60 INTERNAL BLU-RAY OPTICAL DRIVE | PSU: SEASONIC PRIME PLATINUM 1000WUPS: POWERSHIELD COMMANDER TOWER 1100VA

PERIPHERALS: KEYBOARD: CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM XT BROWN SWITCH | MOUSE: CORSAIR SABRE PRO WIRELESS | CONTROLLER: PDP AFTERGLOW WIRED CONTROLLER, DUALSENSE
DISPLAYS: LG 34GN8502x DELL S2721DGF | LG C1 48" 

HT & audio stuff:  AVR: MARANTZ SR7013 | STEREO AMPLIFIER: YAMAHA AS-501 | SPEAKERS: DALI OBERON 7 & DALI ZENSOR 1 & 2x SVS-SB2000 | HEADPHONE DAC+AMP: TOPPING L30+E30 | HEADPHONE: SENNHEISER HD6XX, BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 35 II | MICROPHONE: AUDIO-TECHNICA AT9934USB | BLU-RAY PLAYER: PANASONIC UB820