Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking at a sidegrade or maybe even an upgrade to my Galaxy S9

So my phone screen has been broken for probably two years by now, part of the screen is black and his some issues with the touch sensor in that area. And while it still works just fine, its been slowly growing and getting quite annoying at times. So I'm thinking of getting a new phone, I do want to try fixing my S9 but i would rather not be out a phone for a bit on the off chance i end up breaking it. 

I think my only requirements is that is has expandable storage, the screen size is 6" or less, and its an android phone. And while I would like to have a 3.5mm jack, it is not a requirement. My max budget is $800 but I would prefer to not spend that much on a phone.

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

4 minutes ago, themaniac said:

So my phone screen has been broken for probably two years by now, part of the screen is black and his some issues with the touch sensor in that area. And while it still works just fine, its been slowly growing and getting quite annoying at times. So I'm thinking of getting a new phone, I do want to try fixing my S9 but i would rather not be out a phone for a bit on the off chance i end up breaking it. 

I think my only requirements is that is has expandable storage, the screen size is 6" or less, and its an android phone. And while I would like to have a 3.5mm jack, it is not a requirement. My max budget is $800 but I would prefer to not spend that much on a phone.

Galaxy S20 FE? Familiar experience, but more powerfull overall and won't break the bank, especially since you can likely find it on sale. Best Buy is selling it for $650, for example. It's a better buy than a Galaxy A52 at that price, that's for sure.

18 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Galaxy S20 FE? Familiar experience, but more powerfull overall and won't break the bank, especially since you can likely find it on sale. Best Buy is selling it for $650, for example. It's a better buy than a Galaxy A52 at that price, that's for sure.

Yeah, I had looked at the A52 and A71 and they are just way to big. I hadn't looked at the S20 FE, will definitely definitely take a look thanks.

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

13 hours ago, themaniac said:

S20 FE come with 6.5" screen

If small size matters a lot, an S10 or S20. Neither of them have headphone jack though.

There is the S10e which is even smaller and gives back the headphone jack. However the battery capacity is not great for heavy users.

Another to consider is the LG G8 ThinQ, which has both storage expansion and headphone jack while being about the same size as the S9/10/20.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.