psu sparking sounds

im having problems where my pc just crashes and all fans ramp up and all rgb turns on my system is a Ryzen 3700x rx5700xt 32gb ram g.skill corsair 600w psu ASUS b550gaming I itx mobo should i replace the psu right away or send it in for rma

Just now, Caroline said:

There are multiple "corsair 600w psu" 

Which one?

sorry typing fast its a corsair sf 600w 80+  platinum 

"Sparking sounds", "PC crashes" and "all fans ramp up and RGB turns on" are three completely different and often unrelated issues.  Can you PLEASE walk us through exactly what's happening and what the problem is?

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

"Sparking sounds", "PC crashes" and "all fans ramp up and RGB turns on" are three completely different and often unrelated issues.  Can you PLEASE walk us through exactly what's happening and what the problem is?

ok i plug in my quest 2 and then start up a game and the pc crashes then restarts and all the fans go to 100% and the rgb turns on but when it restarts i hear crackling in the pc its self

Just now, Sir_Dusk said:

ok i plug in my quest 2 and then start up a game and the pc crashes then restarts and all the fans go to 100% and the rgb turns on but when it restarts i hear crackling in the pc its self

i also get no display and my mouse and keyboard doesnt work

47 minutes ago, Sir_Dusk said:

ok i plug in my quest 2 and then start up a game

Call me a "boomer", but what's a "quest 2"?

Oculus Quest 2?  So everything works fine until you plug in your Oculus Quest 2?  Only the Oculus Quest 2 creates problems and nothing else?

the pc crashes

How?  BSOD?

the pc crashes then restarts

So it actually restarts?  Shuts down?  Restarts to what? BIOS screen?  Windows?  Nothing?

all the fans go to 100% and the rgb turns on

And....???  How are the fans plugged in?  Into the PSU?  A fan hub?  The motherboard?  What RGB turns on?  The motherboard?  The RAM?  The fans?

i hear crackling in the pc its self

Crackling like what?  Someone crushing a piece of plastic wrap?

Thread cleaned. If you're not going to help don't post.

• "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.

Do you have a different power supply you could test the system with? That way you can test to see if replacing the PSU is actually going to solve the problem or not before spending $100+ on a new PSU or waiting for RMA. In your recent post two weeks ago you said you had an EVGA P2 750W PSU, do you still have that PSU? You could swap that in to this system and see if you still have issues, just make sure you don't use the cables from the Corsair PSU with the EVGA PSU as they're not compatible.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Thread cleaned. If you're not going to help don't post.

• "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.

Do you have a different power supply you could test the system with? That way you can test to see if replacing the PSU is actually going to solve the problem or not before spending $100+ on a new PSU or waiting for RMA. In your recent post two weeks ago you said you had an EVGA P2 750W PSU, do you still have that PSU? You could swap that in to this system and see if you still have issues, just make sure you don't use the cables from the Corsair PSU with the EVGA PSU as they're not compatible.

i currently dont have another psu im comfortable using for that pc