Need help with 3x gpu, TR4 build

LNW
Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,

use risers on 2 cards?

they'll be flopping around, but at least they can function

though if you do, either get pcie 4.0 riser or manually set pcie gen to lower version

Or put a card in slot 2 and slot 4, assuming slot 4 fits larger than 2 slot cards

Then use riser on top slot

I have an unraid build coming together utilizing an AMD 3990x on an MSI Creator TRX40 motherboard. I'm using 3x AMD 6900xt's.

I am having an issue finding a board and case that can fit these graphics cards. I have pictures to show the issue, but basically a gpu is filling PCIE slots 1 & 3, and slots 2/4 are covered by the coolers. This poses an issue as it won't let me run extension cables for a vertical mount. Does anyone have any advice for how I can get 3 large graphics cards in this system?

Thanks!

thumbnail_Image4.jpg

thumbnail_Image3.jpg

thumbnail_Image2.jpg

thumbnail_Image1.jpg

thumbnail_Image.jpg

use risers on 2 cards?

though if you do, either get pcie 4.0 riser or manually set pcie gen to lower version

Or put a card in slot 2 and slot 4, assuming slot 4 fits larger than 2 slot cards

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

17 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

use risers on 2 cards?

The first suggestion may potentially work if we can get a long enough (300mm with right angle female end.) The second we have tried. Slot 4 is just 5mm shy of working unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Layne White said:

The first suggestion may potentially work if we can get a long enough (300mm with right angle female end.) The second we have tried. Slot 4 is just 5mm shy of working unfortunately.

Hmm, looks like your cards have slightly different thickness so you may try each of them if you haven't

2.5 slot cards really do pose issues like these

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

22 hours ago, Moonzy said:

use risers on 2 cards?

The first suggestion ended up working as a solution! Ran into a bunch of other hiccups unrelated to this, but the computer is alive and well. 

Thank you!

IMG_7950.HEIC