Is Gigabyte P650B bad?

Curesto

Hi, i've been using this PSU for 1 years. It runs perfectly and i didn't have single issues with it. But some says it's very bad PSU at Tier E. And says it's explodes in some tests.

I've bought this PSU for most recommended it to me to buy.

I'm about the build new system and will use this PSU on it.

Should i worry about it? Is that PSU is that bad?

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Hi, i've been using this PSU for 1 years. It runs perfectly and i didn't have single issues with it. But some says it's very bad PSU at Tier E. And says it's explodes in some tests.

Thanks.

It is only known that the p650b is dual forward/DC to DC. That's all it is. Too little information is known.

24 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Thanks.

The PSU uses an old design, which isn't as safe as the newer ones. The PSU will most likely be fine but try to get something like a corsair cx-650. I got a gigabyte pb PSU as well, it has no issues but I'll prob upgrade in the future.

26 minutes ago, Curesto said:

But some says it's very bad PSU at Tier E. And says it's explodes in some tests.

That's about a different PSU.

Yours is just a cheap PSU with almost no reviews on it. I wouldn't buy it personally but it's okay for a very budget build with something like GTX1660 or RX470.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

I'm not aware of any major issues with the P650B. The P650GM is known to have quality control problems that can lead to fire hazards, but afaik that doesn't apply to the P-B.

1 hour ago, Juular said:

That's about a different PSU.

Yours is just a cheap PSU with almost no reviews on it. I wouldn't buy it personally but it's okay for a very budget build with something like GTX1660 or RX470.

Will be used with i7-10700F and R9 280X.

21 hours ago, Grabhanem said:

I'm not aware of any major issues with the P650B. The P650GM is known to have quality control problems that can lead to fire hazards, but afaik that doesn't apply to the P-B.

Interestingly, you have the same exact FETs that exploded in Aris' testing on the P650B. The issue is less pronounced because it is rated at a lower wattage. Looking at Newegg the P650B seems to have significantly less 1 star reviews compared to the P750GM, but nonetheless still much more than most PSUs out there. This FET is really cheap, so I am not surprised.

1 hour ago, boghubodaghi said:

Interestingly, you have the same exact FETs that exploded in Aris' testing on the P650B. The issue is less pronounced because it is rated at a lower wattage. Looking at Newegg the P650B seems to have significantly less 1 star reviews compared to the P750GM, but nonetheless still much more than most PSUs out there. This FET is really cheap, so I am not surprised.

I hope it wouldn't end up like my old PSU.  I was lucky it didn't burned my system.

The reason why i got this PSU is, most people recommended to me because that it has Japanese capacitors and some protections.

I've been using this PSU for about 1.5 years. I didn't had any single issue with it. I hope it end up like that.

Using it with Xeon X5450 and Radeon R9 280X.