PC keeps crashing while playing games

Hello, I've had this problem with my PC for over a year and I've gone to multiple shops to troubleshoot it and they haven't gotten it to crash, but immediately when I play games at home it crashes, except when i play CS:GO. The problem started with RUST and the PC crashed every 5-30 minutes while playing, like the PC completely shut off and it then turns itself on after like 3 seconds. After maybe half a year the problem started occuring with PUBG and half a year later with FORTNITE too. One of the first things I did was to upgrade my RAM memory to a single 16 GB stick since I only had two 4 GB sticks and RUST needed 10 GB, but it didn't solve the problem. Next thing I did was to change my graphics card from a GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Aero 8 GB to a Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB, since one of my friends told me that faulty GPU:s often cause PC crashing, but that didn't solve the problem either. Last thing I did was to change my EVGA 650W power supply to a Corsair 650W power supply, since I thought that maybe my old one was faulty and didn't give my system enough power. To my surprise even that didn't solve the problem. Now I wonder if it could be the processor or the motherboard that's faulty. My processor doesn't give any signs of overheating, atleast when I've checked the temperatures on Hardware monitor. It kinda surprises me that it keeps crashing because when I play RUST for example, I run 100 FPS almost all the time. I'm hoping that someone here can help me solve this neverending problem because I really don't want to keep guessing the problem since I've already spent 1000€ on new components without any positive results. All help is appreciated

5 minutes ago, DogEaterFromChina said:

Hello, I've had this problem with my PC for over a year and I've gone to multiple shops to troubleshoot it and they haven't gotten it to crash, but immediately when I play games at home it crashes, except when i play CS:GO. The problem started with RUST and the PC crashed every 5-30 minutes while playing, like the PC completely shut off and it then turns itself on after like 3 seconds. After maybe half a year the problem started occuring with PUBG and half a year later with FORTNITE too. One of the first things I did was to upgrade my RAM memory to a single 16 GB stick since I only had two 4 GB sticks and RUST needed 10 GB, but it didn't solve the problem. Next thing I did was to change my graphics card from a GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Aero 8 GB to a Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB, since one of my friends told me that faulty GPU:s often cause PC crashing, but that didn't solve the problem either. Last thing I did was to change my EVGA 650W power supply to a Corsair 650W power supply, since I thought that maybe my old one was faulty and didn't give my system enough power. To my surprise even that didn't solve the problem. Now I wonder if it could be the processor or the motherboard that's faulty. My processor doesn't give any signs of overheating, atleast when I've checked the temperatures on Hardware monitor. It kinda surprises me that it keeps crashing because when I play RUST for example, I run 100 FPS almost all the time. I'm hoping that someone here can help me solve this neverending problem because I really don't want to keep guessing the problem since I've already spent 1000€ on new components without any positive results. All help is appreciated

have you tried updating your drivers? That would be my 1st guess. 

Don't just go assuming that your hard-to-find part died, it will just make you sad 😞 

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Ok, so a bad GPU will not cause a PC to crash. It can cause the monitor to go black for a minute, but everything else, including audio if you have something like spotify in the background, should continue working. 

And you didn't actually upgrade your PSU, you are still at 650W. I can't tell what your power usage is, so I'm not gonna put my suspicion on the PSU just yet. Your justification was "not enough power" but you didn't change the maximum power output at all. Watts is the unit of power (when it isn't Joules) and both PSUs are 650 watts. 

Where you with the shop's when they tried to re-create the problem? Something may be different between how they ran the test and how you normally hook up your computer. It isn't uncommon for problems like these to go though multiple shops without a problem being found because the shops are using proper techniques while the user had a habit they didn't know was damaging to their PC. Just a thought, not accusing you of anything. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

1 minute ago, MarvintheParrot said:

have you tried updating your drivers? That would be my 1st guess. 

Don't just go assuming that your hard-to-find part died, it will just make you sad 😞 

Yes, actually before I did start to change components I checked multiple sites where they gave solutions but none of them worked. I have GeForce experience so I always update my drivers when a new update comes

3 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Ok, so a bad GPU will not cause a PC to crash. It can cause the monitor to go black for a minute, but everything else, including audio if you have something like spotify in the background, should continue working. 

And you didn't actually upgrade your PSU, you are still at 650W. I can't tell what your power usage is, so I'm not gonna put my suspicion on the PSU just yet. Your justification was "not enough power" but you didn't change the maximum power output at all. Watts is the unit of power (when it isn't Joules) and both PSUs are 650 watts. 

Where you with the shop's when they tried to re-create the problem? Something may be different between how they ran the test and how you normally hook up your computer. It isn't uncommon for problems like these to go though multiple shops without a problem being found because the shops are using proper techniques while the user had a habit they didn't know was damaging to their PC. Just a thought, not accusing you of anything. 

Why I changed GPU was because one of my friends had the same problem and when he changed the GPU it solved the problem. If I said that I upgraded my PSU I didn't really mean it like that, I just changed to a newer one because I thought that my old one was too old. The shops I've gone to told me that my PSU should be just fine with the processor and the GPU I have and thats why I didn't buy a bigger one. And no, I wasn't with the shop while they troubleshooted it, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a habit that's damaging the PC since I hadn't encountered a single problem for three years before this one came up